Shane C. Carew
Top Rated Transportation & Maritime Attorney in Kirkland, WA
Attorney Shane C. Carew is the founder and owner of Carew Law Office in Kirkland, Washington. A top-rated trial lawyer with more than 40 years of total legal experience, Mr. Carew provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Seattle metro and surrounding areas who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Admiralty law
- Civil litigation
- Execution on judgments
- Legal malpractice
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Carew has become a recognized leader in admiralty law, and he has handled a wide range of matters, from personal injury and wrongful death claims to collisions and salvage matters to Coast Guard license defense, fishing rights disputes, and the purchase and sale of vessels. From his efforts advocating for his clients before jury and bench trials and arbitrators, he has recovered tens of millions of dollars in total compensation for his plaintiff clients.
In all cases, Mr. Carew carefully analyzes his clients' matters to determine the best course of action to help them achieve their goals and the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. He also holds his license to practice in Alaska, and he has handled matters before the Makah Tribal Court.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Carew has earned an AV Preeminent peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell along with many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client rating and a Top Attorney designation from Avvo, and he has received numerous testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 1977 graduate of Notre Dame University, Mr. Carew obtained his Juris Doctor from Tulane University Law School in 1980, and he received his Master of Law in maritime law from the University College in the University of London in 1983. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, and he has served as adjunct instructor at the Seattle Central Community College Maritime Training Center. He is also an active member of the Alaska State and Washington State Bar Associations, among his other professional affiliations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Shane C. Carew
First Admitted: 1980, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.carewlaw.com/attorney/carew-shane-c/
- Taught a course in maritime law to non-lawyers in the maritime industry., Adjunct Instructor, Maritime Law, Seattle Central Community College, Maritime Training Center, Maritime Education
- An article about the rapid changes to the practice of law in the state of Washington brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic., Author, Adapting to Remote Justice: Depositions, mediations, hearings, and trials in the age of COVID-19, Washington State Bar News, Legal, 2021
- University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Indiana, B.B.A. in Management , 1977
- University College London, University of London, LL.M. - 1983, 1983
- Alaska, 1994
- Alaska State Bar Association
- Makah Tribal Court, 2018
- Washington, 1980
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Washington State Bar Association, Court Rules and Procedures Committee, 2014 - 2016
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer attorney associated with Kids in Need of Defense, a non-profit that enables attorneys to represent unaccompanied minor immigrant children in immigration court, 2019
- Judge, John R. Brown Adminralty Moot Court Competition, 2018
- Judge, John R. Brown Adminralty Moot Court Competition, 2021
- Volunteer attorney associated with Kids in Need of Defense, a non-profit that enables attorneys to represent unaccompanied minor immigrant children in immigration court, 2020
- President, Rotary Club of West Seattle, 2014
- Volunteer attorney associated with Kids in Need of Defense, a non-profit that enables attorneys to represent unaccompanied minor immigrant children in immigration court, 2018
- , Super Lawyer, https://profiles.superlawyers.com/washington/seattle/lawyer/shane-c-carew/de472946-3b96-430f-9395-a423e4e070d9.html, 2021
- , AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubble
Last Updated: 5/15/2022