Tara Jayne Reck
Top Rated Workers' Compensation Attorney in Port Orchard, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2013 - 2016, 2019 - 2020
- Free Consultation
With offices in Seattle-Bellevue-Mercer Island, Tacoma, Renton, and Port Orchard, Tara Jayne Reck is the owner and managing attorney at Reck Law - Workers Compensation Attorneys. As a leading L&I attorney, her law firm is dedicated 100% to workers compensation law - claimant representation. Her workers compensation law firm serves injured workers throughout Washington State.
Ms. Reck has focused her entire law practice exclusively on workers' compensation cases, L&I claim appeal and management and self-insured employer claims since 2006. More explicitly, Reck Law - Workers Compensation Attorneys helps workers with their L&I work injury claim to obtain the medical treatment they need, and to recover the full amount of financial benefits the deserve to medical bills, lost wages, and provide for themselves and their families.
A 2003 graduate of Seattle University, Ms. Reck returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law in 2006. While in law school, she was heavily involved with the Student Bar Association, and she has devoted her entire practice to workers' compensation and Social Security Disability law dating back to when she was an intern in 2005.
Since entering private practice, Ms. Reck has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of the injured and disabled. Having helped so many clients in their dire times of need, she has earned numerous awards and honors for her professionalism and service. Along with holding Superb ratings on AVVO, she also received The Nation's Top Injured Workers' Attorneys award from the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group in 2017, and she has become widely recognized as an emerging leader in her field.
Highly active in her legal community, Ms. Reck is a member of the Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group, the Washington State Bar Association and the Washington State Association for Justice, among her other professional affiliations. She has also written extensively and conducted numerous lectures and seminars across her region on a variety of topics related to her practice areas.
Committed to helping those less fortunate in her local community, Ms. Reck regularly volunteers her time and services and serves on the board of various nonprofits in the area, with a particular focus on assisting children in need.
About Tara Jayne Reck
First Admitted: 2006, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://recklaw.com/l-and-i-lawyers-and-workers-compensation...
- Seattle University BA Honors Philosophy, 2003
- Board member at the Pacific Northwest Professionals in Workers Compensation (http://www.pwc.org). PWC is a progressive organization of professionals from many fields and disciplines that play an integral role in workers' compensation serving as a venue for establishing and maintaining relationships that engender a respectful view of common goals and challenges., 2018
Pro bono/Community Service
- Bahat Foundation - Co-Founder, Director and Secretary- Together with my husband, founded a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping children in need in the Western Washington region. The organization partners with local non-profit organizations in order to: (1) Help children in need through entertainment and emotional support; (2) Raise awareness for non-profits that help children in need; (3) Raise awareness for children and communities that need assistance; and (4) Help non-profits that focus on children in need with fundraising and marketing activities. For additional information, please refer to SeattleBatman.com., 2018
- Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle - Government Affairs Work Group (GAWG) Member- Attend monthly meetings to establish and recommend Jewish Federation position on government affairs initiatives and lobbying efforts. Attend and participate in annual lobby day. Engage and collaborate with the greater Jewish community on matters of common interest including anti-Semitism, racism, and Islamophobia. , 2018
- Open water swim coach - Participate in and give weekly lectures and open water swim clinics to assist swimmers in becoming comfortable with open water swimming, race conditions, and improve efficiency. Triathlon clinic coach - Participate in weekly lectures and triathlon clinics to assist triathletes becoming comfortable with all three disciplines and transitions. Thirty Plus Workout Coach - Develop workout plans and lead two to three workouts per week for individuals who are thirty pounds or more above their ideal body weight. Combine strength training with cardiovascular training to maximize fat loss realistically and healthfully. Encourage workout group members, provide support, and communicate with coaches and nutritionists to maximize program benefits. “Tri and Tri Again” Swim Course Coordinator - Set up swim courses and coordinate volunteers. “Sammamish Splash Kids Triathlon” Race Co-Coordinator - Coordinate all volunteers, assist participants and parents, and manage the swim course and all swim course volunteers., 2015
- Herzl-Ner Tamid - Board Member - Actively involved in leadership and decision making with a special focus on staffing search, ritual, and especially Social Action. Founding member of recently re-defined and re-engaged Social Action Committee. Responsible for establishing and overseeing a number of Social Action initiatives including year-round volunteer opportunities, advocacy training, and facilitating regular communication between or organization and the other organizations we serve., 2019
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Press release: Injured Garbage Truck Driver Hired as Paralegal by Reck Law PLLC - A Law Firm that Represents Washington State Injured Workershttps://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/injured-garbage-truck-driver-hired-as-paralegal-by-reck-law-pllc-a-law-firm-that-represents-washington-state-injured-workers-885580607.html, 2019
- Please refer to the URL above, and then go to Articles. Very active contributor and writer regarding key topics in Workers' Compensation law and workers' compensation cases in Washington State., Writer, HG.ORG legal resources, Manufacturing, Retail, Hospitality, Medicine, Services, Automotive, Transportation, Legal, Education, And Others., 2019
- A quora.com space for workers' compensation and L&I discussions., Publisher, Quora.com discussions about workers' compensation topics, https://www.quora.com/q/xefhdtacpmzgbrew, All, 2000
- Regular writer at Medium.com for workers' compensation and L&I topics in Washington State., Writer, Medium.com legal resources, https://workers-compensation.medium.com/, 2020
- Held a point-counter-point debate at a Workers' Compensation Professionals (WCP) conference in Tukwila, Washington. The two presenters were a Workers' Comp claimant attorney (myself) and a workers' comp employer attorney, presentings cases, pros-cons, and discussing popular and recent topics in workers' comp from both viewpoints., Presenter, Point-Counter-Point Discussion, Workers' Compensation Professionals Conference, 2019
- Speaker at the 2018 WSAJ annual Workers' Compensaiton CLE regarding Good Client Intake including etical consideraitons when consulting with potential clients., Speaker, https://www.washingtonjustice.org/index.cfm?pg=semwebCatalog&panel=showSWOD&seminarid=8959, Washington State Association For Justice, 2018
- Article regarding settlement considerations in the workers' compensaiton setting., Author, Settlement in Workers’ Comp Cases: A Balancing Act, Washington State Association For Justice, 2018
- Speaker regarding self promotion in the legal profession., Speaker, The Power of Women: 2016 WOW Retreat, Washington State Association For Justice, 2016
- Trial news article regarding workers' compensation Superior Court trials., Author, Workers' Compensation at the Superior Court Level, a Different but Challenging Endeavor, Washington State Association For Justice, 2014
- Speaker regaridng ethical considerations when representing opioid addicted clients., Speaker, WILG Annual Convention, Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group, 2018
- An introductory video providing my personal background, why I do what I do, and providing support to work injury claimants that may need a supporting shoulder or an attorney on their side., Workers' compensation attorney services, Construction, Agriculture, Law Enforcement, Education, Automobile, Security, Manufacturing, Retail, More., 2019
- Superlawyers rising stars award for my work as a workers' compensation attorney and L&I attorney in Washington State., Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, SuperLawyers.com, 2020
- SuperLawyer award for my work representing work injury claimants in Washington State., Super Lawyer, SuperLawyers.com, 2021
- Superlawyers rising stars award for my work as a workers' compensation claimants attorney., Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2019
- Recipient of the 2017 Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG) award titled "One of the Nation's Top Injured Workers' Attorney". , One of the Nation's Top Injured Workers' Attorney, Workers' Injury Law and Advocacy Group, 2017
- Super Lawyers
- Facility Management
- Food & Beverage
- Law Enforcement
- Service Industry
- Social Services
- Yes, you can choose an attending physician for your L&I claim or self-insured claim in Washington State. If you fil… https://t.co/7bQbuOFZYS
- Can I retire with an open L&I claim or self-insured employer claim in Washington State? Not so fast. Here's a check… https://t.co/dXRktOksHu
- Do you have an upcoming IME for your workers' compensation claim in Washington State? Don't stress! Here's how to p… https://t.co/03AbDLt4Jx
- Self-insured employers in Washington State are responsible for benefits paid to injured workers. Self-insured claim… https://t.co/qNI22tzwDC
- A recent L&I newsletter publication exposed some double standards. It's disappointing and frustrating. For more inf… https://t.co/TqgCuGQBuh
Last Updated: 5/15/2022