Aaron I. Engle
Top rated Employee Benefits attorney in Seattle, WashingtonAaron Engle Law
Practice Areas: Employee Benefits, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Washington since: 2006
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Aaron Engle Law12055 15th Avenue Northeast
Seattle, WA 98125-5031 Visit website
Attorney Aaron I. Engle is a partner at Aaron Engle Law, which has office locations in Seattle and Edmonds, Washington. A top-rated trial attorney with more than 17 years of legal experience, Mr. Engle provides unmatched representation and support to clients across the greater Puget Sound region and all across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
· Long-term disability and employee benefits
· Plaintiff personal injury claims
· Insurance bad faith and insurance coverage disputes
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Engle has assisted numerous clients with obtaining their rightful insurance benefits, and he has recovered many substantial settlements and verdicts for individuals and families who have suffered injuries or loss as a result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
No matter the issues his clients are facing, Mr. Engle maintains an unwavering focus on protecting their rights and entitlements at all turns. He has gained a reputation for his attentiveness and compassion when dealing with his clients and his aggressive approach at helping them achieve the favorable outcomes they expect and deserve.
In recognition for his outstanding professionalism and dedication to his clients, Mr. Engle has earned consistent designation from his peers as being among the leading attorneys in his region for insurance claim disputes and personal injury. He has also received "Superb" 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo along with numerous testimonials and referrals from those he has served.
A 1998 graduate of the University of Washington - Seattle, Mr. Engle obtained his Juris Doctor cum laude from Seattle University School of Law in 2006. While in law school, he was invited to participate in the Fredric C. Tausend Moot Court Competition, and he received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award for his excellent legal writing regarding appellate briefs.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Engle is a member of the Washington State Bar Association and its Young Lawyers Division, as well as the Washington State Association for Justice and the American Association for Justice. He has also served as membership chair for the American Constitution Society's Chapter at Seattle University School of Law, and he serves on the board of directors of the Brain Injury Alliance of Washington.
Practice areasEmployee Benefits, Insurance Coverage, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- 20% Employee Benefits
- 40% Insurance Coverage
- 40% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2006, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://aaronenglelaw.com/about/
- Arnsperger v. Boeing Company Employee Benefit Plan, 2013 WL 550561 (D. Oregon, 2013) (After trial, the Court found that Aetna had improperly denied our client's long term disability claim and awarded her benefits, attorney's fees, and costs).
- Burkett v. Union Sec. Ins. Co., 2007 WL 1687770 (W.D. Wash., June 07, 2007) (Successfully voided an improper amendment to a long term disability plan)
- VanCleave v. The Boeing Company Non-Union Long Term Disability Plan, Case 2:09-cv-01512-RSL Dkt. 25 (W.D. Wash. June 14, 2010) (Court allowed discovery into claims handling practices)
- Bauer v. Pan-American Life Ins. Co., 2007 WL 3026891 (W.D. Wash., October 15, 2007) (Wrongful denial of private policy long term disability benefits)
- Smith v. Weekly Disability Income Ins. for Employees of Friends of KEXP, 2010 WL 890068 (W.D. Wash., March 09, 2010) (Court found that further appeals by beneficiary would be futile and allowed lawsuit)
- Murray v. Anderson Bjornstad Kane Jacobs, Inc., 2011 WL 617384 (W.D. Washington, 2011) (In a case of first impression, the Court upheld the Washington Insurance Commissioner's regulation banning discretionary clauses and our client was given the benefit of de novo review for his disability claim
- Scanlon v. Life Ins. Co. of North America, 670 F.Supp.2d 1181 (W.D. Wash. 2009) (Wrongful denial of life insurance benefits and Bad Faith)
- Public Justice, Member
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, American Association for Justice
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Brain Injury Alliance of Washington, Board of Directors
- Washington State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member
- American Constitution Society, Member
- University of Washington
- What is ERISA, 2013
- KBCA; ABA; ACS
Office location for Aaron I. Engle
12055 15th Avenue Northeast
Seattle, WA 98125-5031
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2012 - 2016