Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Seattle, WA
Amanda Dubois is the founding and managing attorney at the DuBois Cary Law Group PLLC located in Seattle, Washington. Licensed to practice in Washington since 1987, she started her own law firm with a passion to empower people who are going through a divorce or any other family law-related matter.
Representing clients with complex family law matters, Ms. Dubois is dedicated to helping her clients get back on their feet. She is a tenacious advocate with untiring zeal for her clients’ rights and interests. Compassionate and dedicated, she understands the impact that family law issues can have on an individual and prioritizes her clients’ needs and interests.
Ms. Dubois founded a project called the Civil Survival Project, which focuses on encouraging people who were previously incarcerated to stand up for themselves. She realized the barriers they faced, and she believed that in order for them to reestablish themselves in society, changes need to be made in the laws and policies. She designed a workshop to tutor them about the various laws and their rights.
Additionally, Ms. Dubois is the author of a book series called the Civil Survival Series, which is presently used as a curriculum for an online course used by high school students, people who just got out of prison and community organizations.
With a bachelor’s degree in nursing from Pacific Lutheran University, Ms. Dubois has a Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law. Recognized for her noteworthy work in the family law arena, she has a “Superb” rating on Avvo, accompanied by numerous testimonials and five-star ratings from her satisfied clients.
An active affiliate with the legal community, Ms. Dubois has memberships in the Washington State Association for Justice, for which she serves as chair for the Women’s and Family Law Sections. She is a member of the Women Presidents Organization and a board member of the Freedom Education Project Puget Sound. She serves as a volunteer attorney at the El Centro de La Raza Family Law Clinic
Ms. Dubois was a board member at the Women’s Funding Alliance, the PeaceTrees Vietnam, Post-Prison Education Project, Teamworks Academy, Shoreline Public Schools Foundation and the Center for Spiritual Living.
About Amanda DuBois
First Admitted: 1987, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://duboislaw.net/amanda-dubois/
- Civil Survival Educational Series
- Volunteer, Garfield High School supporting teachers teaching legal survival skills
- Presenter and Organizer, Civil Survival Project Workshops
- Teacher, Basic Legal Survival Skills to formerly incarcerated individuals at various organizations
- Speaker and Chairperson, Numerous Continuing Education Seminars for Attorneys, Nurses and Mental Health Professionals
- Speaker, American Public Health Association Annual Meeting: Legislative and Policy Barriers Impacting Successful Reentry
Pro bono/Community Service
- Founder, Civil Survival Project
- Board Member, Women’s Funding Alliance (past)
- Board Member, The Center for Spiritual Living (past)
- Trustee, Foundation of Swedish Medical Center Edmonds (past)
- Board Member, Klahaya Swim and Tennis Club (past)
- Board Member, Shoreline Public Schools Foundation (past)
- Board Member, Teamworks Academy (past)
- Board Member, Post Prison Education Project (past)
- Committee Member, Innocence Project Northwest Annual Dinner (past)
- Board Member, Peace Trees Vietnam (past)
- President, Women’s Funding Alliance (past)
- Volunteer Attorney, various formerly incarcerated individuals with family law issues
- Volunteer Attorney, El Centro de La Raza Family Law Clinic
- Member, Women’s Presidents Organization
- Board Member, Freedom Education Project Puget Sound
- Board Member, Civil Survival Project
- Washington, 1986; U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1991, U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1991
- Washington State Association for Justice, Board of Governors (past)
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Chair of Women’s and Family Law Sections
- Pacific Lutheran University, Tacoma, Washington, B.S.N. 1978, Major: Nursing
Last Updated: 3/18/2022