Ann T. Wilson
Top Rated Estate & Trust Litigation Attorney in Seattle, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2000
Attorney Ann T. Wilson is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Ann T. Wilson in Seattle, Washington. Possessing nearly 30 years of legal experience, Ms. Wilson devotes her practice to helping individuals and families establish and enforce their final wishes for the future.
Through her estate planning practice, Ms. Wilson has helped numerous clients devise solid estate plans that meet their unique needs and goals. Well-versed in tax law, she understands the intricacies of all federal and state statutes associated with taxation, enabling her to help her clients reduce their overall tax liability and preserve their wealth for future generations.
Along with handling all aspects of estate planning, Ms. Wilson also represents clients in all areas of probate and estate litigation. Trained in mediation, she prefers to help her clients resolve their conflicts without the need for court intervention. However, should litigation be necessary, she will not hesitate to fight hard to help her clients protect what they have worked so hard to achieve.
Ms. Wilson began her legal career in 1988 after earning her Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law, where she graduated in the top 10 percent of her class, earning her entry into the Order of the Coif, and then receiving her license to practice from the Washington State Bar Association. While in law school, Ms. Wilson was heavily involved with both the Washington Law Review and the Tax Law Review, serving as graduate editor for the latter.
Highly active in her legal community as well, Ms. Wilson serves on various committees for the King County Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association, including the trust and estate litigation subcommittee, the uniform trust code committee and the real property, probate and trust sections for each organization. She is also a member of The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel and is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 70%Estate & Trust Litigation
- 30%Estate Planning & Probate
Will Contests, Estate Planning, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- Super Lawyers: 2000, 2004 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2000
- Top 100: 2022 Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2022 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2021 Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2021 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2020 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2020 Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2019 Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2019 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2018 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 100: 2017 Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2017 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2016 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2014 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2013 Women Washington Super Lawyers
- Top 50: 2009 Women Washington Super Lawyers
Certificates and Credentials
About Ann T. Wilson
First Admitted: 1988, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.atwlegal.com/Attorneys/Ann-T-Wilson.shtml
- American College of Trusts and Estate Counsel
- King County, Executive Committee, 2005
- Washington State, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- Washington State, Trust and Estate Litigation Subcommittee, 2005
- King County, Real Property, Probate and Trust Section, Member
- King County, Trust and Estate Litigation Subcommittee, 2005
- Washington State, Uniform Trust Code Committee, 2003
- Washington, 1988
- King County, Uniform Trust Code Committee, 2003
- Washington State, Executive Committee, 2005
- "AV" Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Pacific Northwest Articles, Washington Law Review, 1986 - 1988
- Tax Law Review, University of Washington School of Law, Seattle, Washington, Graduate Editor, 1990 - 1991
- Lecturer, University of Washington Graduate Tax Program, 1995 - 2002
- LLM in Taxation New York University, 1991
Last Updated: 5/15/2022