Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Seattle, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2002
Attorney Casey Stamm is the managing partner of the Law Offices of Cassandra Stamm, based in Seattle, Washington. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than two decades of experience handling complex criminal cases at all stages including post-conviction, Ms. Stamm focuses her practice on appeals and post-conviction review of criminal cases. She provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout Washington state and in federal cases within the Ninth Circuit federal court of appeals and the district courts below it.
Over the course of her career as a criminal defense attorney, Ms. Stamm has a long record of fighting for her clients' interests at and prior to trial, on direct appeal, and beyond in post-conviction proceedings including personal restraint and habeas corpus petitions. Her approach is aggressive and tenacious and she strives for the best possible result in each of her cases.
Honored for her impeccable professionalism, outstanding legal abilities and superior client service, Ms. Stamm has earned an inclusion into the Top 100 Trial Lawyer list by The National Trial Lawyers along with a certificate of appreciation and the President's Award from the Washington Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys. She has also received the Innocence Champion Award from the Washington Innocence Project, formerly Innocence Project Northwest, as well as many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has also received Superb, 10 out of 10 client ratings on Avvo.
A 1996 cum laude graduate of the University of Washington, Ms. Stamm returned to her alma mater and obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law in 1999. She started her legal career as a public defender in King County as well as a federal public defender, and she has practice before all state and federal courts in Washington as well as before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Active in her legal community, Ms. Stamm is currently serving an appointment as member of the Western District of Washington Criminal Justice Act Standing Committee. She is also a member of the King County Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and Washington Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Washington Women Lawyers, and the Federal Public Defender Criminal Justice Act Panel, among her other professional affiliations.
About Casey Stamm
First Admitted: 1999, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://seattlecriminalattorney.com/about-casey-stamm-attorn...
- Trial Advocacy | Bill Daniel Trial Advocacy Program, 2005
- Effective Voir Dire in Criminal Cases | NDA Trial Advocacy Training Program, 2002
- Vacating Criminal History | Neighborhood Legal Clinic, 2002
- Effective Voir Dire for Criminal Cases | TDA Trial Advocacy Training Program, 2004
- Forensic Computer Analysis in Criminal Cases | WACDL Annual Conference, 2004
- Blakely / Crawford Roundtable | Annual Defender Conference, 2005
- Wiretaps? Winning! | Handling a Complex Federal Case, 2014
- Vacating Criminal History | Mastering Misdemeanors, 2007
- Trial Advocacy | NITA Basic Witness Examination Skills Training, 2010
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Treatment: What you Need to Know | Sex Offense Defense: Ideas and Information to Help You Win, 2010
- 2013 Confessions and Statements Caselaw Update | Confessions and Statements, 2013
- 2011 Caselaw Updates | Turning Up the Heat: New Issues and Approaches in Felony Defense, 2011
- University of Washington
- Superb (10.0 out of 10.0), Avvo.com
- Rising Star
- Super Lawyer, Washington’s Law and Politics Magazine
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, Bar Member, 2000
- Washington State Bar Association, Bar Member, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, Bar Member, 2000
- Federal Public Defender Criminal Justice Act Panel, Attorney Member, 2002
- King County Bar Association
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington Association Of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Washington Women Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022