Christopher D. Pitts
Top rated Family Law attorney in Seattle, WashingtonS.L. Pitts PC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Washington since: 2009
Christopher D. Pitts is a principal attorney at S.L. Pitts, a boutique law firm based in Seattle, Washington. Licensed to practice in California and Washington for over 15 years, he serves clients in both states who face serious family law challenges, and he has extensive experience dealing with high-value asset division, business valuations and other complex financial matters for those seeking a dissolution of their marriages.
A 1999 graduate of Vassar College with a Bachelor of Arts in political science, Mr. Pitts earned his master’s in theology from the Graduate Theological Union in 2004. He then attended the University of California Hastings College of the Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2008. The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year, and the Washington State Bar Association admitted him in 2009.
As an attorney, Mr. Pitts has achieved notable success representing clients during all aspects of divorce, but what really sets him apart from other family law attorneys is his ability to efficiently identify and value closely-held business interests and other significant assets, such as retirement accounts, pensions, real estate and more. Regarded as an outstanding litigator, he has helped numerous professionals protect their interests during high-stakes property division proceedings.
Along with his successful legal practice, Mr. Pitts also maintains an active presence with several local, state and national bar associations. He has written extensively and conducted seminars and lectures throughout the region on a variety of topics related to family law, asset valuations and effective trial advocacy. Recognized for his impeccable professionalism and exceptional legal abilities, he has received several thoughtful reviews from his peers as well as from his clients . He also holds a "Superb" rating on Avvo.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2008, California
Professional Webpage: https://stellapittslaw.com/attorneys/christopher-d-pitts/
- Volunteer Attorney for New Beginnings, a local non-profit providing legal and other services to victims of domestic violence, 2018.
- Volunteer Attorney, King County Bar Association Pro Bono Services
- Mentor, King County Bar Association Future of the Law Institute
- Shareholders Should Rein in Executive Pay, King County Bar Bulletin, 2012
- Researched and authored Chapter 14 of the WSBA Family Law Deskbook on jurisdiction in family law. Mr. Pitts entirely rewrote this chapter of the existing deskbook. The chapter is approximately 40 pages long (14,500 words) and covers all aspects of divisible family law actions in Washington., Author, Divisible Divorce -- Jurisdiction, Venue, Commencement, WSBA Family Law Deskbook, Family Law, 2022
- Author, “All That’s Gold Does Not Glitter,” King County Bar Bulletin, 2013
- Presenter, “Working with Financial Experts in Family Law Litigation,” King County Bar Association, 2012
- M.A., Theology – Graduate Theology Union
- B.A., Political Science, with Honors – Vassar College
- American Bar Association, 2009
- Member, Washington State Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2009
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2012
- Kitsap County Bar Association, 2014
- Member, King County Bar Association, 2009
- Member, Santa Monica Bar Association, 2012
- State Bar of California, Family Law Section, Member, 2009
- Member, California State Bar Association, 2008
- Member, King County Bar Association Judiciary and Litigation Committee, 2011
Office location for Christopher D. Pitts
719 Second Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2018