Cydney Campbell Webster
Top rated personal injury attorney in Seattle, WashingtonGLP Attorneys, P.S., Inc.
Cydney has successfully represented clients in personal injury matters since 1993. As a shareholder at GLP Attorneys, she is an integral part of the firm’s Seattle team. Cydney primarily represents clients injured as a result of automobile accidents, construction site injuries, and defective products. She has effectively represented her clients for decades, obtaining significant financial compensation for a broad range of injured clients, including a $7 million settlement for a child tragically injured in a playground incident.
Cydney attended Seattle University as an undergraduate and obtained a Juris Doctorate from University of Puget Sound. She is an Eagle member of Washington State Association for Justice and has been repeatedly recognized as a Super Lawyer by Washington Super Lawyers from 2007 to 2022. She is also a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, maintains a 10.0 Avvo rating, and is an active member of the American Association of Justice.
Cydney is married and enjoys raising her two children with her husband.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 90% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1993, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.glpattorneys.com/attorneys/cydney-campbell-webst...
- Graduated from Seattle University with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, 1989
- Graduated from the University of Puget Sound School of Law, 1993
- Washington State Bar, 1993
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), Eagle Member
- American Association for Justice, member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, Admitted to Practice, 2000
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, Admitted to Practice, 1994
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Law & Politics, 1999 – 2000, Rising Star, Washington Law & Politics, 1999
- Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. , Washington Super Lawyer List, Super Lawyers
- Highest rating by AVVO - 10.0, Highest rating by AVVO - 10.0, AVVO.com
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy at Seattle University School of Law, August 2015, Instructor, Deposition Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy at Seattle University School of Law, August 2015, Legal, 2015
- Teaching, Deposition Skills, National Institute for Trial Advocacy at Seattle University School of Law, Teacher, Deposition Skills, 2015
- Speaker, WSAJ New Member Committee Seminar, Winning Your Case and Staying on Budget, ‘Up and Running: What You Can and Can’t Live Without When Preparing for Trial’, March 2014, Speaker, Up and Running: What You Can and Can’t Live Without When Preparing for Trial, 2014
- Medical negligence in the "Office-Based Surgery Center" setting, Author, Medical negligence in the "Office-Based Surgery Center" setting leads to death of 28-year-old woman, WSAJ Trial News, 2011
- Speaker, National Business Institute CLE How to Successfully Resolve Automobile Injury Cases, Seattle, August 2008, Speaker, How to Successfully Resolve Automobile Injury Cases, 2008
- Speaker, WSAJ Legal Education Seminar, Nuts and Bolts of Wrongful Death Claims, March 2012, Speaker, Nuts and Bolts of Wrongful Death Claims, 2012
- You should contact an attorney as soon as you are able to do so or have a family member do it for you. It is helpful to have an attorney on board right away so the evidence can be gathered timely. Your attorney’s fee is going to be the same whether you hire an attorney the day after the injury or several weeks or months or even a year after the injury. There are many benefits to getting an attorney on board right away including having an advocate supporting you, better preserving evidence, and serving as your guide to help you with the case. GLP Attorneys will be with you from injury to recovery., When should I contact an attorney after being hurt on a construction site?, Construction, 2021
- Yes, you can absolutely hire two different attorneys. You can have an attorney for your Labor and Industry claim and then go hire a different attorney for your construction site injury case. You really do want to have an experienced attorney who knows construction law helping you navigate the process in bringing a claim and filing a lawsuit against any potential at-fault parties for your construction site injury case. It is important for you to make sure that the attorney you are retaining understands construction law and again that can be two different attorneys – one working on your L&I claim that will started right away for medical bills and time loss plus an injury attorney who is advocating for you with at-fault third parties., Construction Injuries: “Can I hire two different attorneys for my two claims?”, 2021
- If your co-worker is responsible for your injury, according to Washington law you cannot sue a coworker just like you cannot sue your employer. But you should reach out to a personal injury attorney, that has experience working in construction to determine if there are any other at-fault parties that may have been responsible leading up to or causing the injury that occurred., Construction Injuries: “What if my coworker is responsible for my construction or workplace injury?”, Construction, 2021
- When it comes to compensation for your injuries, first you will file a labor and industry claim that will cover your medical bills, time loss, and potentially any future for a pension or a permanent/partial disability. But that is the extent that labor and industry will cover. If you have a claim where someone else is at fault and negligence can be established, then the compensation will come from a third-party case. The third-party case is against the at-fault party on the construction site. This could be a general contractor, another subcontractor, or someone else who failed to do their job to make sure the worksite was safe. If these circumstances exist, then a claim can be made for you to receive compensation for your injuries. This would include not only your medical bills and time loss at 100%, but also the impact of your injuries, pain and suffering you are experiencing in the past, present, and future. The compensation is much greater in a third-party case., Construction Injuries: "Who is responsible to compensate me for my injuries?”, Construction, 2021
- Resolved premise injury case against a big box company for $2.3 million for a man who sustained a traumatic brain injury when a product hit him in the face while the store's employee unsafely obtained the item from a higher shelf. , 2021
- $1,750,000 settlement for the extended suffering and death of a man killed in a crosswalk by a motor vehicle. , 2022
- Resolved for $1,300,000.00 for adult family home abuse. The case was against DSHS for placing a man in a home that was not licensed which failed to provide adequate care causing bed sores and malnutrition leading to his death., 2018
- $7 million dollar settlement for a young child who was permanently injured on playground equipment, 2009
- $2.1 million for a young girl injured in a single car collision sustaining a severe brain injury.
- One million dollar settlement for a construction worker who was injured on the first day on the job when a large truss beam fell off of the framing because it was not secured before other beams were being placed into the framing causing serious facial fractures and brain trauma.
- $1.9 million settlement for a medical negligence wrongful death claim against Sono Bello and Dr. Marco Sobrino for the death of a 28 year old woman, Aura Javellana. Ms. Javellana died May 27, 2009 as a result of acute lidocaine toxicity from a tumescent liposuction surgery performed the day before, 2011
- One million dollar result for a man who was seriously injured, suffering extensive brain damage when he was buried under a massive, heavy fishing net due to the manufacturer's failure to properly place warnings and instructions on how to properly and safely transport the net.
- Over a half million dollar settlement by holding a construction company responsible for the wrongful death of the only child (a son) of an immigrant family. Although the son was an adult, and Washington law limits damages for the wrongful death of a child over the age of 18, she was able to prove the parents were substantially financially dependant upon their son for support at the time of his death. This allowed the case to be settled and allowed the parents to obtain damages for parental grief, for the loss of their son's companionship, and for the destruction of the parent-child relationship.
- Premise injury at a big box store, 2021
- Volunteer, Mary’s Place, 2022
Office location for Cydney Campbell Webster
2601 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2009, 2011 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2000 - 2001