Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Seattle, WA
- Free Consultation
Daniel McLafferty is a personal injury attorney at the law firm Bastion Law, PLLC, which has its offices in Seattle, Washington. Licensed to practice law in Washington since 2012, he represents clients with matters involving brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, wrongful death, medical malpractice, defective products and insurance bad faith.
With a Bachelor of Arts degree in philosophy and political science, Mr. McLafferty graduated from the Western Washington University. He went on to study law at the Seattle University School of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor graduating cum laude. During law school, he served as a Rule 9 Prosecutor for Marysville and gained invaluable courtroom experience.
Mr. McLafferty was an active participant in his law school’s Mock Trial competitions and Appellate Moot Court competitions. He was also the recipient of the CALI Excellence for the Future Award in criminal motions practice. Right after law school, he joined an insurance coverage defense law firm and acquired much knowledge about how insurance companies work, and this experience made him choose to work for the rights of people instead of large insurance companies.
With a genuine concern for his clients, Mr. McLafferty is a zealous and tireless advocate for his clients. Dedicated to fighting for his clients who have been harmed due to another party’s careless and negligent actions, he diligently fights for their rights and liberties.
Mr. McLafferty has memberships in the American Association for Justice, the Washington State Association for Justice, the King County Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Committee. In honor of his exceptional contributions, he has a “Superb” rating on Avvo and was the recipient of Avvo’s Clients’ Choice award and Top Contributor award.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Civil Rights
- 10%Insurance Coverage
- 10%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Discrimination, Bad Faith Insurance, Dental Malpractice, Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2022
About Daniel McLafferty
First Admitted: 2012, Washington
- Washington State Association for Justice, 2013
- Discussed different considerations, best practices, and hardware alternatives for the technology that could be used to conduct a virtual trial over video-conferencing software, Speaker, Trial Tech Setups for Virtual Trials, Washington State Association for Justice, 2021
- Presentation regarding ethical considerations regarding fee agreements, earning fees, and receiving fee payments, Speaker, Ethics in Civil Litigation, Washington State Bar Association, 2020
- Review of 6th Edition of a seminal work regarding the best practices for starting a law firm and the pitfalls to avoid, Author, Book Review: How to Start & Build a Law Practice, 6th Ed., Revised & Updated 2016, Trial News Washington State Association for Justice, 2017
- Discussed best trial practices for new attorneys and fielded questions regarding those practices, Speaker, New Lawyer Panel - Trial Advocacy Program, Washington State Bar Association, 2016
- Presented the anatomy of a trial for a client with soft tissue injuries that resulted in a $1.1 million verdict., Speaker, A Million Dollar Soft Tissue Case: Trial Verdicts - Detailing Your Auto Cases CLE, Washington State Association for Justice, 2015
- $1.35 million settlement for pedestrian with fractures in pelvis and shoulder after being hit by an SUV, 2022
- $375k settlement for claim involving neck injury sustained in rear-end collision. Insurance company refused to negotiate in good faith prior to a lawsuit being filed. Liability limits were $100k and they were refused when offer at mediation. As trial approached, the insurer offered nearly four times that amount to settle the case and avoid going to trial., 2021
- $120k settlement for exacerbation of pre-existing neck condition in car crash. After a jury trial resulted in a hung jury, the insurance company doubled its offer from $60,000 to $120,000 to settle the case., 2021
- $1 million confidential settlement for claims arising from bad faith insurance coverage denial when wrongful death claims were asserted against a business owner and the insurer failed to provide defense or indemnity, 2019
- $600K+ pre-trial settlement for client who fractured foot in rear-end collision, 2017
- $1.1 million jury verdict for rear-end collision resulting in soft tissue injuries, 2014
- Verdict resulting in court ordering defense to pay for over $70k of plaintiff's attorneys' fees and costs., 2015
Last Updated: 5/25/2022