Jane E. Dale
Top rated Workers' Compensation attorney in Seattle, WashingtonCausey Wright
Practice Areas: Workers' Compensation
Licensed in Washington since: 2007
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Causey Wright2601 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121 Visit website
Workers’ Compensation. It’s What We Do. Call Today for Your Free Consultation.
Jane E. Dale represents injured or disabled workers with claims before the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. In her daily practice, Jane fights for the treatment and benefits to which her clients are entitled, going up against the Department of Labor and Industries, self-insured employers and retrospective rating group employers administratively and, when necessary, in litigation before the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals and at the superior court level. Jane is a tenacious advocate for her clients, whether she is arguing her point to a claims manager or presenting her case to a judge or jury.
Jane is an active Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) and has served as both Chair and Vice Chair for the Workers' Compensation Section. Jane is also a member of the Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), a national non-profit organization dedicated to representing the interests of injured workers and their families. Member in good standing of: Professionals In Workers' Compensation, American Association For Justice, and the Washington State Bar Association.
Jane has been named a Top Women Lawyer by Seattle Met Magazine, 2016 - 2019. Jane was labeled a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers magazine in 2010 and 2016 - 2021. She is admitted to both the Washington State Bar as well as the federal court, Western District of Washington.
Practice areasWorkers' Compensation: Claimant
- 100% Workers' Compensation: Claimant
First Admitted: 2007, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.causeywright.com/team/jane-dale/
- Jane Dale graduated from the University of Washington, where she majored in Business, with an emphasis in Finance, and minored in Political Science. She then went on to attend law school at Seattle University where she was a Moot Court participant and an editor for a law periodical. Jane graduated, cum laude, with her juris doctorate in 2007.
- Western District of Washington
- Washington State Bar
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), Eagle Member
- Workers’ Injury Law & Advocacy Group (WILG), Member
- Annual volunteer for the American Mock Trial Association ("AMTA"). The AMTA organizes mock trial competitions for undergraduate students and utilizes volunteers to serve as judges who then rule on evidentiary issues raised, render scores, and ultimately provide feedback to the student participants.
- Carlisle v. United Parcel Service (2016) (King County Case No.: 16-2-05478-1 KNT) Obtained a jury verdict reversing a decision of the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals and ordering the claim be closed with an award for dorso-lumbar and lumbosacral permanent impairment ofCategory II, per WAC 296-20-280., 2016
- Robert v. Dep't of Labor & Indus. (2015) (King County cause no. 13-2-27957-6 SEA) Obtained a jury verdict in King County Superior Court reversing a decision of the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals and granting reopening of workers’ compensation claim for additional treatment and benefits., 2015
- Mergens v. Dep't of Labor & Indus. (2017) (Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals Docket Nos. 16 19087; 16 20488; 16 20683) Obtained an decision and order from the Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals reversing orders of the Department of Labor and Industries and directing the Department to accept under the claim the conditions of cervical spondylosis, cubital tunnel syndrome, depression, and anxiety disorder. , 2017
- Dey (Dec'd) v. Dep't of Labor & Indus. (2016) (Board of Industrial Insurance Appeals Docket Nos. 16 11919 & 16 11920) Obtained an Order on Agreement of Parties reversing Department of Labor and Industries orders and directing the Department to award Mrs. Dey a spousal pension., 2016
- Ethics Portion of Workers' Compensation CLE. Video available to WSAJ members only., Presenter, Discovery Ethics, Washington State Association for Justice , 2018
- Outlining the differences between Defense Medical Exams (also known as "Independent Medical Exams") in workers' compensation claims and those under CR 35 and general civil claims. Noting that more protections exist for individuals injured outside of the workplace., Author, Defense Medical Exams: Workers' Compensation vs. Civil Claims, Washington State Association for Justice: Trial News, Workers' Compensation, 2020
- 2016-2019, Top Women Lawyers List, Seattle Met Magazine, 2019
- “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine, 2010
- 2016 - 2018, “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine
- 2016 - 2021, Top Women Lawyer by Seattle Met Magazine, Super Lawyers
- Labor and Industries
- Workers' Compensation
Office location for Jane E. Dale
2601 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98121
- Super Lawyers: 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010, 2016 - 2022