John D. Webber
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Seattle, WashingtonGLP Attorneys, P.S., Inc.
Practice Areas: Personal Injury
Licensed in Washington since: 2000
Education: The University of New Mexico School of Law
John D. Webber is a Managing shareholder of GLP Attorneys based in the firm’s Seattle office. In his role as Managing Shareholder, he leads GLP Attorneys Human Resources and Operations Committee, Finance Committee, and Marketing and Business Development Committee. He is a Co-Chair for the GLP Attorneys Diversity Committee, and of note, completed the University of Washington Foster School of Business DEI Certificate Program in 2022.
John began his practice of personal injury law in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 1995. In 2000, he moved to Seattle, and joined the personal injury team at GLP Attorneys.
John is an Eagle member of the Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ), and has served the organization in various leadership roles, including as 2023-2024 Vice President Legislative Affairs, 2022-2023 Second Vice President Legislative Affairs, 2020-2022 Vice President Public Affairs, 2019-2020 Board of Governors At-Large member, and as the 2018 Co-Chair for the WSAJ Annual Convention. He also serves as a board member for the Foundation for Washington State Courts. He earned the honor of being named a 2015-2023 SuperLawyer, and a 2007-2008 Washington Rising Star. He has earned a 10.0 rating on Avvo.com.
John is a regular speaker to healthcare providers throughout Washington State on topics related to working with personal injury patients, insurance carriers, and their attorneys. He has authored articles that include Working for the Common Good, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, Oct/Nov 2013; and Balancing Your Practice: Personal Injury Patients & Getting Paid In Full, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, 2012
John's personal injury practice focuses on significant automobile collision, construction accident, logging accident, motorcycle accident, wrongful death and brain injury cases throughout Washington State and the Pacific Northwest.
First Admitted: 1995, New Mexico
Professional Webpage: http://www.glpattorneys.com/attorneys/john-d-webber/
- University of New Mexico School of Law, Albuquerque, New Mexico, J.D, 1995
- University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, B.A., Political Science, with distinction, 1992
- University of Washington, Foster School of Business; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Certificate Program, 2022
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) Vice President Public Affairs, 2020-2022, 2022
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) Second Vice President for Legislative Affairs, 2022-2023, 2022
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ, formerly WSTLA), Eagle Member, 2006-Present, 2022
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2022
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association, 2021
- Washington State Association for Justice (WSAJ) Board of Governors At-Large Member, 2020
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association (WSTLA), 2000-2006
- United States District Court for the Western District of Washington, 2000
- Washington State Bar Association, 2000
- United States District Court, District of New Mexico, 1995
- State Bar of New Mexico (now inactive), 1995
- United States Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit, 1995
- , Washington Super Lawyers List, Super Lawyers, 2023
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013; 2022, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2022
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2022
- Highest Rating with Avvo - 10.0, Avvo Rated, Avvo.com, 2022
- The National Trial Lawyers Association Top 100 Trial Lawyer, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2013
- Recognized as a Rising Star by Washington Law & Politics, 2007 – 2008, Rising Star , Washington Law & Politics,, 2007
- Harry S. Truman Scholar, Harry S. Truman Foundation, 1990
- An Independent Insurance Medical Examination can be concerning for both the patient and their healthcare provider. We will discuss how to prepare your patient for an IME and provide resources to assist you and your practice. Apportionments in a personal injury case will also be examined. Case examples will be introduced along with 2023 legislative updates for IMEs in the state of Washington. , Speaker, Mastering IMEs and Apportionments, GLP Attorneys Seminar - February (Webinar), 2023
- Understanding the different types of insurance and how they result in payments in a personal injury case is crucial to the success of your personal injury patient practice. This seminar will examine the different types of insurance and methods to effectively communicate with patients and insurance companies in personal injury cases. , Speaker, Mastering Insurance for Your Personal Injury Patient Practice, GLP Attorneys Seminar - August (Webinar), 2023
- Intake, documentation, billing, and getting paid are essential factors in every personal injury case. We will talk about the fundamental components of your personal injury patient practice and how to manage them successfully for all types of injuries. Case studies will illustrate the elements of a good case file., Speaker, Mastering Elements of a Personal Injury Patient Practice, GLP Attorneys Seminar - May (Lynwood / Burlington / Webinar), 2023
- Working for the Common Good, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, Oct/Nov 2013, Author, Working for the Common Good, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, 2013
- Balancing Your Practice: Personal Injury Patients & Getting Paid In Full, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, 2012, Author, Balancing Your Practice: Personal Injury Patients & Getting Paid In Full, Washington State Chiropractic Association Plexus, 2012
- $7 million policy limit settlement against a Housing Authority for a playground accident that left a young girl permanently brain damaged. John served as co-lead counsel on this case with Cydney Campbell Webster and Scott Lundberg., 2019
- $3 million for two construction workers crushed by a two story wall that was lifted without proper safety techniques or equipment.
- $2 million policy limits for a man crushed and severely injured by an improperly felled tree at a logging site.
- $1.1 million for a construction worker struck by a concrete pump hose, sustaining a permanent head injury.
- $575,000 for an airline mechanic injured on the job when a driver ran a red light, striking her work vehicle, leading to a cervical fusion.
- $500,000 for a man who slipped on grease while on the job as a sanitation worker, falling into a hole in a poorly maintained parking lot, requiring shoulder surgery.
- $500,000 for a young man struck by a car in a bar parking lot where bar security failed to break up a disturbance, sustaining a brachial plexus injury.
- American Association For Justice
- Washington State Association For Justice Eagle Member
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2008