Top rated cannabis law attorney in Seattle, WashingtonGleam Law
Justin P. Walsh is a partner at Gleam Law, PLLC, a cannabis and business law firm, where he heads the litigation departmetn. Justin has represented Plaintiffs in complex personal injury and medical malpractice cases, including wrongful death claims. He has represented corporations in defense of class action complaints and defense of personal injury and business litigation claims. He works with business large and small in formation, transactions, and litigation, including within Washington's Cannabis market and national hemp and CBD clients, assisting them with compliance in the burgeoning market. Justin is also an Adjunct Professor of Law at Seattle University School of Law, where he teaches Cannabis Law & Policy. In addition, he often sits as a Judge Pro Tem on the King County District Court.
A cum laude graduate of Seattle University School of Law, Justin served as the Recent Developments and Technology Editor on the Seattle Journal for Social Justice. The Journal published his article, which advocated for school discretion in student assignment plans to provide racial diversity. He also served as a judicial extern to the Honorable Justice Mary Fairhurst on the Washington State Supreme Court, where he authored an opinion providing partial privacy protection under the public records act for unsubstantiated allegations of abuse against school teachers.
During his first year of law school, Justin was a member of the Dean’s list, an award given to those in the top 10% of their class. He received the Cali Award for Excellence, earning top honors in legal writing and civil procedure.
Justin spends his time outside the office pursuing his musical interests by playing in local bands, bicycling around the Pacific Northwest, and sampling the diverse cuisines and exceptional restaurants the area has to offer. He is also a member of the King County Bar Association's Public Policy Committee and Litigation Committee, working on a wide array of issues affecting those using and impacted by the court system. He is also a member of Team Child's development committee, helping to move forward issues affecting juvenile justice.
Practice areasCannabis law, Administrative law, Appellate, Business/corporate, General litigation
First Admitted: 2008, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.gleamlaw.com/
- In this presentation, Justin Walsh explains the nuances of CBD compliance within the FDA, starting with the history of hemp and CBD legaltiy and changes made in the 2014 and 2018 Farm Bill, and including enforcement efforts by the FDA and other jurisdictional agencies in the present regulatory environment., Presenter, CBD: Compliant As You Can Be (An FDA Compliance Primer), Hemp And CBD Businesses, 2019
- In this presentation, Justin analyzes the history of hemp in the United States from the Controlled Substances Act through the 2014 and 2018 Farm Bills. He then explains the current patchwork nature of federal and state laws and regulations in the wake of the 2018 Farm Bill., Presenter, The Weaving of Hemp: Analyzing the Current State of Hemp Under the Patchwork Quilt of State and Federal Law, Hemp And CBD Businesses, 2019
- Anatomy and Physiology 101 for Attorneys, Presenter, National Business Institute, 2013
- Summary of State and local laws regarding urban chicken farming., Raising Chickens is for the Birds, NWLawyer Magazine, WSBA, 2015
- Swept Under the Rug: Integrating Critical Race Theory Into the Legal Debate on the Use of Race, Seattle Journal for Social Justice, 2008
- Ed., Product Liability in Washington, 2009
- Chasing the Dragon: Discovering Doctor Addiction in Medical Malpractice Cases, Trial News, 2011
- Sole Presenter, Social Media for Attorneys, Thurston County Plaintiff Attorney Round Table, 2011
- Panelist, Evidence and Objections, WSBA, 2011
- Co-Chair, Presenter, Panelist, The Powers and Pitfalls of Social Media in Our Practices, WSAJ, 2010
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012 - 2018