Karen L. Cobb
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Seattle, WashingtonFrey Buck, P.S.
Practice Areas: Estate & trust litigation, Civil litigation; view more
Licensed in Washington since: 2004
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Frey Buck, P.S.1200 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101 Visit website
As an attorney at the law firm of Frey Buck, P.S., Karen L. Cobb is dedicated to helping clients in with a multitude of litigation matters, including trusts and estates, probate, neighbor, boundary line, title and other disputes. She also practices estate planning and represents law enforcement officers in various matters. Ms. Cobb earned a bachelor's degree in criminology from the University of Minnesota Duluth. She went on to receive a Juris Doctor from the Seattle University School of Law, graduating magna cum laude.
Ms. Cobb takes a personal approach to each case she handles, striving to resolve matters in the most effective and efficient way possible. She also knows that thinking about end-of-life matters is difficult for many people but understands and conveys the importance of having an estate plan in place. She works closely with her clients in all areas of her practice to help them develop solutions that meet their needs and goals in the most efficient and least stressful manner possible.
Ms. Cobb stands by her clients and advocates on their behalf. She places an emphasis on communication and keeps her clients informed throughout the process. Her dedication to providing quality representation while maintaining a high standard of legal ethics has gained Ms. Cobb the respect of her clients and peers. Washington Law & Politics magazine has included Ms. Cobb in its Rising Stars and Super Lawyers lists since 2010.
Outside the courtroom, Ms. Cobb believes in giving back to the community. She has served on the board of directors for REST/Real Escape from the Sex Trade, a non-profit organized to assist those desiring to leave that life and multiple terms on her homeowner's association board of directors. She has participated in multiple youth group mission trips to devastated areas and has served on the women's ministry team and church council. Ms. Cobb has shared her legal knowledge with others as a speaker at a number of continuing legal education classes. She loves to travel internationally, sometimes solo!
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Civil litigation: defense, Civil litigation: plaintiff, Estate planning & probate
Will contests, Estate planning, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Trusts, Wills
- 30% Estate & trust litigation
- 30% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Civil litigation: plaintiff
- 20% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 2004, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://freybuck.com/attorneys/karen-l-cobb/
- Participated in four mission trips to Knockpatrick, Jamaica (after Hurricane Ivan), Biloxi, Mississippi (after Hurricane Katrina) and San Luis Potosi, Mexico (inner city missions) with the youth group
- Women's Ministry Team; Church Advisory Council; HOA Board of Directors.
- Past 7 year Member Board of Directors of REST/Real Escape from the Sex Trade, Seattle, WA, 2020
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Minnesota, Duluth, B.A., Criminology, Minor Psychology, 1987
- Certified Force Science Analyst, Force Science Research Institute, 2009
- Presenter, "Initiating the Probate Process", National Business Institute, 2009
- Presenter, National Business Institute, 2015
- Speaker, Continuing legal education classes on probate topics, Legal community
- Presenter, National Business Institute, 2012
- Presenter, National Business Institute, 2010
- Prevailed at trial and upon appeal regarding a neighbor dispute related to construction of a dock. Obtained awards of damages and mid-six figures attorney fee awards., 2022
- Prevailed on summary judgment and appeal on high-value contract dispute. Obtained significant attorney fee award for non-profit client., 2020
- Law Enforcement
- Small Business
Office location for Karen L. Cobb
1200 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2014