Kevin R. Scudder
Top rated family law attorney in Seattle, WashingtonSeattle Collaborative Law Center PLLC
Practice Areas: Family law, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury; view more
Licensed in Washington since: 1989
Education: University of Washington School of Law
Seattle Collaborative Law Center PLLC9706 4th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115-2199 Visit website
An empathetic, honest, and compassionate attorney, Kevin R. Scudder is the inspiration behind and creator of the Seattle Collaborative Law Center PLLC, one of the few Northwest law firms committed to client-focused, out-of-court consensual dispute resolution processes. A skilled and experienced family law attorney, Kevin focuses his work on Collaborative Law and mediation services. With a strong sense of justice, Kevin is committed to helping clients create and finalizing agreements that fit the needs, wants and sense of fairness of his clients and their families.
Mr. Scudder attended Hampshire College, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts before completing his law degree at the University of Washington School of Law. In 1989, he earned his Juris Doctor and is now admitted to practice in the state of Washington. Along with family law matters, he also has experience in personal injury law, estate planning and probate.
With over 30 years of experience, Mr. Scudder is able to efficiently and confidently handle all legal matters related to family law. His commitment to providing out-of-court resolutions allows his clients to put their family members and children first when they are navigating the emotional waters of divorce and other family law issues.
As a passionate advocate for improving the legal system, and especially the ways negotiation can simplify family law, Mr. Scudder is actively involved with a long list of legal organizations. These include the following: the Washington State Bar Association, King County Collaborative Law, the King County Bar Association, the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (current Board Member), Cypress Collaborative Divorce, the Collaborative Professionals of Washington (Past President), and Cascadia Collaborative Divorce.
Practice areasFamily law, Estate planning & probate, Personal injury - general: plaintiff
Dissolution, Divorce, Mediation & collaborative law, Estate planning, Living wills, Power of attorney, Probate & estate administration, Wills, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall
- 80% Family law
- 10% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1989, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.seattleclc.com/about-us/
- Volunteer Mediator for the Seattle-King County Bar Association Volunteer Mediation Panel which provides free mediation services to moderate means parties.
- American Bar Association
- Hampshire College, B.A., 1983
- In recognition of having provided extraordinary service to Collaborative Practice on the local, state, and national/international level and embodying the ideals of Collaborative Practice., President's Award, Collaborative Professionals of Washington, 2019
- Cascadia Collaborative Divorce
- Collaborative Professionals Of Washington
- Cypress Collaborative Divorce
- International Academy Of Collaborative Professionals
- King County Collaborative Law
- Seattle-King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
Office location for Kevin R. Scudder
9706 4th Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98115-2199
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
Additional sources of information about Kevin R. Scudder
Find me online
- Reading with your children is one way to support them through the divorce process. Check out one of our recommende… https://t.co/Onjh2NjqpM
- We're starting out the week strong here at SCLC! How do you like to begin your week? Share your best tips for pro… https://t.co/q6OKm55Xy5
- Should you consider a Collaborative prenuptial agreement? How do you benefit from the Collaborative divorce proces… https://t.co/3gapO61eJ6
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Kevin's work in Collaborative Law -- and his leadership within the Collaborative Law community -- mark him as a truly outstanding force in the shifting practice of family law towards more peaceful and holistic divorce processes.”