Top rated alternative dispute resolution attorney in Seattle, WashingtonKyle Johnson Arbitration & Mediation
As a general business lawyer at A. Kyle Johnson Arbitration & Mediation, Mr. Johnson provides dedicated legal representation to clients in Seattle, Washington. He focuses his practice on matters involving business, estate planning, real estate, tax, large asset marital dissolution and alternative dispute resolution issues.
Prior to earning a Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law in 1966, Mr. Johnson attended Lewis & Clark. From there, he received a Bachelor of Arts in 1963. He furthered his legal education with a Master of Laws in taxation from The George Washington University in 1971.
Mr. Johnson began his career as a lawyer in the United States Army, where he served in Korea and tried court-martial cases. He then went on to serve in the Pentagon for a period, as well as with several other law firms, gaining valuable experience in a broad range of business and civil litigation matters.
With more than 40 years of experience, Mr. Johnson draws on his knowledge to help develop effective and creative strategies to resolve his clients' legal disputes. His dedication to high standards of legal ethics has helped Mr. Johnson to achieve the highest possible rating of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. He also has an 10 Avvo "Superb" rating.
Beyond his work in the courtroom, Mr. Johnson is an active member of the legal community. His professional memberships include , the King County Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association. Mr. Johnson has shared his legal knowledge by teaching courses and lecturing on topics relating to his areas of focus, including serving as a continuing legal education speaker and panelist for real estate and family law. He was also named to the Thomas Glover bankruptcy mediation panel
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasAlternative dispute resolution, Family law, Business/corporate, Closely held business, Estate planning & probate
- 40% Alternative dispute resolution
- 30% Family law
- 10% Business/corporate
- 10% Closely held business
- 10% Estate planning & probate
First Admitted: 1966, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.kylejohnson4adr.com/kyle-johnson/
- Active in nonprofits including PRATT FINE ARTS, ARTIST TRUST, LENNY WILKENS FOUNDATION, SUN VALLEY OPERA.
- Successfully resolved several high net worth marital dissolution cases. Provided consultation and advisory services in a number of highly contested litigation matters. Drafted complex estate plans. Structured several business transitions.
- Successfully completed with honors every school attended
- Lewis and Clark College, B.A., 1963
- George Washington University, L.L.M., Taxation, 1971
- Golden Gate University Graduate Tax Program from 1976 to 1982 - Taught estate and tax planning
- Bar Review Associates from 1976 to 1990 - Taught Partnerships, Family Law and Agency
- CLE Panelist and Speaker - Real Estate and Family Law
- AAA Webinar, ADR and Emerging Technologies, 2013
- AAA Arbitrator Ethics & Disclosure (ACE003), 2006
- ACE005 - Chairing an Arbitration Panel: Managing Procedures, Process & Dynamics, 01/06
- ACE002 - Pro Se: Managing Cases Involving Self-Represented Parties, 03/05
- AAA Arbitrator Update 2001
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator II Training, Seattle, 4/01
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training, Seattle, 2/00
- AAA Basic Arbitrator Training, 8/94
- Various other ADR training
- Admitted to the Bar: Supreme Court of the State of Washington, 1966
- Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Seattle-King County Bar Association
- Firm Manager/Partner, Chism Jacobson & Johnson, 1992 - 1999
- Partner, Brown & Johnson, 1974 - 1976
- Active duty, U.S. Army, Judge Advocate General Corps, 1967 - 1971
- Washington State Bar Association
- Principal, Johnson Law Group, 1999 - 2010
- Managing Partner, Lasher & Johnson, 1976 - 1989
- Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army Reserve, Judge Advocate General Corps, (retired)
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1971
- American Bar Association
- Of Counsel, Lasher Holzapfel Sperry & Ebberson, 2010 - 2014
- Partner, Stanislaw Ashbaugh Chism Jacobson & Riper, 1989 - 1992
- Associate, Foster Pepper & Schefelman, 1971 -1974
- Highest Ranking of 10 by Avvo
- Designated as a Super Lawyer
- Highest Ranking: AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recognized as an American Association Arbitration Arbitrator
- Financial Services
- Law Firms
Office location for Kyle Johnson
One Union Square
601 Union Street, Suite 2600
Seattle, WA 98101
- Super Lawyers: 2000 - 2022