Michael T. Pfau
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Seattle, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2000 - 2001
Michael T. Pfau is a partner at the law firm of Pfau Cochran Vertetis Amala PLLC. From the firm's two law offices in Seattle and Tacoma, he provides legal services to the residents of Washington state who have unnecessarily suffered at the hands of others, especially those in trusted positions of authority, such as in cases involving childhood sexual abuse and police misconduct.
Mr. Pfau earned his law degree from University of Michigan Law School in 1991, and the state of Illinois granted its approval for him to practice law in its courtrooms that same year. In 1995, Mr. Pfau moved to the Seattle area and the Washington State Bar Association granted him admission. He has now worked diligently on behalf of the residents of the Puget Sound area for more than 20 years.
Over the past 25 years, Mr. Pfau has built a reputation as one of the country's most dedicated legal advocates, thanks to his successful representation of childhood sexual abuse victims. As a result of his dedication, he has a "Superb" rating from Avvo, and he has received a Distinguished peer review rating* from Martindale-Hubbell. In addition, the Washington State Association for Justice named him the recipient of its Alvin A. Anderson Award in 2013.
Attorney Pfau's dedication extends outside the courtroom into the legal community at large. He is a member of a number of legal organizations, including the American Bar Association, the King County Bar Association and the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association. In addition, he is an active member of his local community and spends much of his time volunteering with disadvantaged and special needs children.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Class Action/Mass Torts: Plaintiff
- 10%General Litigation
Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2001 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2000 - 2001
About Michael T. Pfau
First Admitted: 1991, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.pcva.law/attorneys/michael-pfau/
- Boston College, B.A., magna cum laude, 1987
- R.C. ET AL. V. THE CORPORATION OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP OF SEATTLE, ET AL., King County Superior Court Cause No.02-2-16505-2
- J.S. V. THE CORPORATION OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP OF SEATTLE, Cause No.: 04-2-40947-1
- LOOMIS, ET AL. V. CITY OF PUYALLUP POLICE DEPARTMENT, ET AL, U.S.D.C. Cause No.: C02-5417
- P1, P2, P3 V. THE CORPORATION OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHBISHOP OF SEATTLE, ET AL., King County Superior Court Cause No.: 04-2-15884-2
- B.B. V. THE CORPORATION OF THE CATHOLIC ARCHDIOCESE OF SEATTLE, ET AL., King County Superior Court Cause No.: 06-2-14120-2
- KENNETH FLEMING, ET AL. V. CHURCH OF LATTER DAY SAINTS, U.S.D.C. Cause No.: C04-2338
- Superlawyer by Washington Law and Politics
- Washington State Association for Justice
- King County Bar Assn.
- Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Assn.
- American Bar Assn.
- United States Supreme Court
Last Updated: 5/15/2022