Top rated family law attorney in Seattle, WashingtonCarr Family Law PLLC
Mindy Carr is a family law attorney in Seattle, Washington, with over a decade of legal experience. Ms. Carr is the founder of Carr Family Law PLLC and represents a diverse range of clients throughout the Seattle area.
Over the course of her career, Ms. Carr has handled various types of family law cases, including those involving child support, custody, marriage dissolution, post-divorce disputes and property division. Prior to opening her law firm, she practiced at private law firms where she worked with family, dependency and criminal defense cases.
Ms. Carr is a compassionate and dedicated advocate for her clients, committed to achieving the best possible resolution to each client’s unique situation. She has experience with both traditional litigation and collaborative law, which uses nonadversarial methods such as mediation and negotiation to resolve issues outside of a courtroom.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Carr engages in pro bono work whenever possible. The Washington State Bar Association included her on its Pro Bono Publico Honor Roll in 2015. Columbia Legal Services recognized her in 2014 for her contribution to an amicus brief for the organization.
After graduating cum laude from Rice University with a bachelor's degree in psychology, studying topics including domestic violence, mental illness and substance abuse, Ms. Carr earned her law degree from the University of Washington School of Law. She is a 2011 graduate of the National Criminal Defense College Trial Practice Institute. She holds a license to practice law before all Washington state courts and is an active member of the Washington State Bar Association.
Practice areasFamily law
Adoption, Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2008, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://carrfamilylaw.com/
- Graduated in the top of the class, Cum Laude, Rice University, 2003
- Award for the contribution of pro bono hours for the year, Pro Bono Publico Service Honor Roll, Washington State Bar Association, 2015
- Scholarship for 2-week criminal defense trial college, Trial Practice Institute Scholarship, National College of Criminal Defense, 2011
- Recognition for assistance with amicus brief on behalf of Columbia Legal Services and other non-profit groups, Pro Bono Honor, Columbia Legal Services, 2014
- University of Washington Law School, 2008
- Graduated from Rice University, Cum Laude, major in Psychology. Research focused on domestic violence. , 2003
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar Association. , 2008
- WSBA Pro Bono honor roll, 2010
- WSBA Pro bono honor roll, 2008
- WSBA Pro Bono honor roll, 2011
- Pro bono award from Columbia Legal Services for my pro bono work with them and an immigrant foster family facing harassing discovery requests from a parent in a dependency case. , 2014
- WSBA Pro bono honor roll, 2015
- Discussed the effects of recent case law regarding third party custody cases, Impact of new third party custody case law on old and new cases, 2016
Office location for Mindy Carr
1752 NW Market St
Seattle, WA 98107
- Super Lawyers: 2022
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2020