Nicholas W. Marchi
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Seattle, WashingtonCarney & Marchi
With extensive criminal trial experience, Nicholas W. Marchi represents clients in the Tri Cities, Seattle, Yakima and the rest of Washington state. A partner at Carney & Marchi, P.S., Mr. Marchi handles both criminal defense and immigration cases. These include a robust criminal and federal defense practice and removal defense practice. His focus includes Class A felonies, serious assault, murder, DUI, misdemeanors, felonies, and drug crimes in both federal and state courts as well as complex removal cases that involve criminal convictions.
Mr. Marchi has been practicing for more than two decades. With a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of Montana, he attended Creighton University School of Law where he obtained a Juris Doctor in 1990. From DUI to aggravated murder, Mr. Marchi has extensive experience in many major felony cases.
Admitted to practice before the Washington Supreme Court, Mr. Marchi has appeared before several federal circuit courts and the Washington State Court of Appeals. He is also admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States. With a commitment to client care, professionalism and successful results, he is passionate about protecting the rights of those who are defenseless, including those who have been charged with a crime.
A talented writer with years of successful cases behind him, Mr. Marchi has published several opinions on both criminal defense and immigration cases. As a determined advocate for those who need it most, he works hard on behalf of his clients to secure a successful future for them.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Immigration: Consumer
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Asylum, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Murder, Sex Offenses
- 80% Criminal Defense
- 20% Immigration: Consumer
First Admitted: 1990, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.carmarlaw.com/about/our-team/nick.php
- University of Montana, Bachelor’s degree, Major: History, 1986
- Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeal, 1991
- Fifth Circuit Courts of Appeal, 1999
- Eighth Circuit Courts of Appeal, 1994
- Washington State Court of Appeals
- Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeal, 2001
- United States Supreme Court, 1999
- Washington State Supreme Court, 1990
- Federal Circuit Courts
- Faculty at national conference on crim-immigration issues. , Faculty , American Immigration Lawyers Association Annual Conference, aila.org, Attorneys, 2016
- Citizenship Day - volunteer attorney for citizenship days, sponsored by One America. Have been volunteering for several years. , 2018
- One America volunteer Citizenship Day, 2019
Office location for Nicholas W. Marchi
108 S. Washington Street
Seattle, WA 98104
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023