Pamela J. DeVet
Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Seattle, WA
A shareholder at Lee Smart, P.S., and an appellate practice attorney, Pamela J. Devet represents those in the Pacific Northwest who want to appeal a case. With over 15 years of experience, she also handles matters of director and officer liability, homeowner liability, real estate malpractice, professional liability, legal malpractice and insurance practice. With a long list of representative cases that ended with a successful outcome for her clients, she handles cases all the way from pre-lawsuit claims through the trial and appeal process.
Ms. Devet is an active member of her community, representing clients in all aspects of alternative dispute resolution and litigation. For her work with the ACLU in Seattle as a cooperating attorney, the Washington State Bar Association awarded her a Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation. She is a member of the King County Bar Association, the Washington State Bar Association and the finance council for the Blessed Sacrament Parish.
After earning a Bachelor of Arts from Ohio State University in 1992, Ms. Devet went on to Seattle University School of Law, graduating summa cum laude in 2002 with a Juris Doctor. During her time at school, she was a full-time legal extern in the Western District of Washington’s United States District Court and a member of the Seattle University Law Review. She then clerked for Justice Faith Ireland of the Washington Supreme Court before entering private practice.
Ms. Devet is admitted to practice in Washington, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington.
About Pamela J. DeVet
First Admitted: 2002, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.leesmart.com/attorneys/pamela-j-devet
Pro bono/Community Service
- ACLU in Seattle, Cooperating Attorney
- Washington State Bar Association, Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation.
- Finance Council, Blessed Sacrament Parish
- Ohio State University, B.A, 1992
- Lauwers v. Regal Cinemas, Inc. and Christman v. Eastgate Theatre, Inc
- Monk v. Pierson
- Reed Construction, Inc. v. James River, Ins. Co.
- Western National Assurance Co. v. Puget Sound Energy, Inc
- Allison v. ADA
- Fairbairn v. Smith
- S & K Motors, Inc. v. Harco National Insurance Co
- Gleneagle Country Club v. Woodland Ridge Joint Venture
- Gambini v. DaVita, Inc
- Douglass v. Tacoma School District
- Padilla v. Merchandising Inventives, Inc
- Washington Law and Politics Magazine, Rising Star
- Pro Bono Publico Service Commendation, Washington State Bar Association
- Seattle University Law Review, Seattle University School of Law
- “Physical Evidence, Exhibits, and Objections”, portion of the Litigation Boot Camp seminar, August 2009
- “Insurance Issues for the Insured”, chapter of the Real Property Deskbook, Third Ed, Fourth Ed, Pub. Pending, Co-author
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers, Member
- King County Bar Association, Labor and Employment Section, Member
- Washington State Bar, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
Last Updated: 6/3/2021