Robert N. Gellatly
Top rated medical malpractice attorney in Seattle, WashingtonLuvera Law Firm
A personal injury attorney and a partner at Luvera Law Firm, Robert N. Gellatly has devoted his practice to representing the rights of injured people in Seattle, Washington. He handles a wide range of personal injury matters involving auto and truck accidents, medical malpractice, defective products, premises liability, corporate wrongdoing and government misconduct.
As a former defense attorney, Mr. Gellatly advocated for insurance companies, health care providers, professionals and product manufacturers contending with complex lawsuits. He now uses that experience to fight for plaintiffs, providing them an upper hand against large corporations. He has secured millions of dollars in compensation for his clients, including a $20 million verdict for a paralyzed man in a medical malpractice case.
A magna cum laude graduate of the University of Puget Sound, Mr. Gellatly completed his Bachelor of Arts in political science and government in 1982. Three years later, he received his Juris Doctor from the University of Washington School of Law and his license to practice law in Washington.
A fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and the American College of Trial Lawyers, Mr. Gellatly maintains active affiliations with the American Board of Trial Advocates, the American Association for Justice, the Attorneys Information Exchange Group, the American Bar Association, the Washington State Association for Justice, the King County Bar Association and the Washington State Bar Association.
As a testament to his high ethical standards and professionalism, Mr. Gellatly was rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell and 9.9 out of 10 on Avvo. He was recognized by The Best Lawyers in America and named Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year by Best Lawyers in 2015. Furthermore, he was included in the Nation’s Top One Percent by the National Association of Distinguished Counsel.
A highly regarded professional, Mr. Gellatly has been hired by several judges and medical professionals to handle their own personal injury and medical malpractice lawsuits. His reputation, case results and positive client testimonials speak volumes about him and his legal services.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - general: plaintiff, Government contracts, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Medical malpractice, Birth injury, Delayed or incorrect diagnosis, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Medical devices
- 60% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 10% Government contracts
- 10% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1985, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.luveralawfirm.com/our-staff/attorneys/robert-n-g...
- King County Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Bar Association, Member
- Washington State Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Member
- US News award attorney Robert Gellatly the Washington Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice Lawyer of the Year, US News Best Lawyers, 2015, 2017, 2020
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- Super Lawyer, Washington Law and Politics.
- Recipient, The Best Lawyers in Washington State
- Recipient, The Best Lawyers in America
- AV Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell Directory of Attorneys
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, Washington State Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, 2009
- Best Lawyers, “Lawyer of the Year” for Plaintiffs Medical Malpractice Law in Seattle, 2015, 2017
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Bachelor of Arts, magna cum laude, University of Puget Sound, 1982
- Juris Doctor degree from the University of Washington School of Law, 1985
Office location for Robert N. Gellatly
701 Fifth Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-7097
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2022