Rodger Ian Kohn
Top rated closely held business attorney in Seattle, WashingtonSymbios Law Group PLLC
Rodger Ian Kohn is a highly knowledgeable and respected business law attorney in Seattle, Washington. With over 27 years of experience in this area of law, he offers thoughtfully tailored solutions to businesses and entrepreneurs. As the founder and owner of his firm, Symbios Law, he identifies the challenges involved in sustaining and operating a business. He helps his clients chart the way forward by assisting them with:
· Business purchase and sales
· Business disputes
· Contracts, licenses and leases
· Noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements
· Mergers and acquisitions
· Real estate
· Crisis management
· Business formation and entity selection
A compassionate practitioner, Mr. Kohn develops long-term relationships with his clients and their businesses and helps them strike a balance between their business requirements and legal obligations. He has assisted many nonprofits, private corporations and family-run businesses in a variety of areas, including health and wellness, education, technology, public relations, marketing, telecommunication, retail, manufacturing and more.
After completing his Bachelor of Arts, Plan II, dual degree program at The University of Texas at Austin in 1987, Mr. Kohn received his Juris Doctor from the Vanderbilt University Law School in 1990. He obtained his license to practice law in Texas the same year and later in Washington (1995).
Mr. Kohn’s commitment to clients and high professionalism have resulted in a number of honors and awards. He has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest rating offered to a select group of attorneys for their legal ability and ethical standards.
Mr. Kohn manages to find time to give back to his legal community by serving professional organizations. He is the former chair of the Washington State Bar Association’s Business Law Section and a board member of The Lenny Wilkens Foundation. He is also a member of Leadership Tomorrow and the King County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasClosely held business, Business/corporate, Real estate: business
Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 70% Closely held business
- 20% Business/corporate
- 10% Real estate: business
First Admitted: 1990, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.symbioslaw.com/team/rodger-kohn/
- BA, The University of Texas at Austin
- The Lenny Wilkens Foundation, Board of Directors, 2013 – 2017
- Wellspring Family Services, 2013 Founder’s Award
- Washington State Bar Association, Business Law Section (Chair 2014 – 2015), Corporate Counsel Section
- Washington State Bar
- FareStart, Outside general counsel, Board of Directors, 2011 – 2020, Strategic Planning Committee (2019-21, Chair), Executive Committee (2016), Finance Committee (2012-2016)
- King County Bar Association, Business Law Section
- AV-Peer Review TMRated in Martindale-Hubbell
- Business Transition Advisors
- NW Family Business Advisors
Office location for Rodger Ian Kohn
1809 7th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98101
- Super Lawyers: 2022