Top rated Family Law attorney in Seattle, WashingtonSound Family Solutions, PLLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Washington since: 2006
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Sound Family Solutions, PLLC4111 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112 Visit website
Serin Ngai is a family law attorney in Seattle, Washington with over 16 years of experience. The founder of her own firm, Sound Family Solutions PLLC, Ms. Ngai represents clients in Greater Seattle and throughout King County. She handles a wide variety of family law cases including divorce, parenting plans (child custody), child support, spousal maintenance, post-divorce matters, prenuptial/postnuptial agreements, and same-sex family law matters, to name a few.
Ms. Ngai focuses her practice on cooperative methods such as out of court settlement agreements and engaging in mediation to enable her clients to resolve their family disputes in a non-adversarial setting, and where they have the most control over the outcomes. She concentrates on finding efficient solutions that are in the best interest of her clients while continuing to strongly advocate on their behalf. She is also certified in Collaborative Law and resolves cases using this out-of-court process. Past clients have praised her for her prompt communication, advocacy, writing, and finding creative solutions to resolve their family disputes.
In addition to representing private clients, Ms. Ngai is a certified Guardian ad Litem on the King County Title 26 Guardian Ad Litem Registry. In this role, she is appointed by the court to investigate, analyze, and recommend what is in the best interests of the children in family law disputes. This experience provides her with a distinct advantage in her own parenting cases.
Active in the Asian Bar Association of Washington for 14 consecutive years, Ms. Ngai served as President of the Association in 2020. In 2017, she received the Association’s Pro Bono Award for her volunteer work with the organization’s legal clinic and long-term service to the Association. She also volunteers at legal clinics through the King County Bar Association.
After earning a bachelor's degree from the University of Washington, Ms. Ngai graduated from Seattle University School of Law. While in law school, she was Managing Editor of the Seattle Journal for Social Justice where her article on an arts education was published. She was also honored with several academic awards.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2006, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://soundfamilysolutions.com/about
- Collaborative Law
- Title 26 Guardian ad Litem
- Seattle University School of Law, Managing Editor for the Seattle Journal for Social Justice where her article on the impact of the No Child Left Behind Act on the arts and an arts education was selected for publication in its Spring 2006 issue.
- Co-Commencement Speaker, ARC Scholar, Dean’s Diversity Scholar, and two CALI Excellence Awards for legal writing and trial techniques., Seattle University School of Law
- Pro Bono Award by the Asian Bar Association of Washington for her decade-long service on the board and for managing their pro bono legal clinics
- Super Lawyer, 2021
- Rising Star by Super Lawyers, 2016
- Community Service Award, Asian Bar Association of Washington, 2017
- University of Washington, Phi Beta Kappa
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, Pro Bono Chair and Volunteer King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinic, Family Law Volunteer
- President of Asian Bar Association of Washington, 2020
- Asian Bar Association of Washington, Pro Bono Chair King County Bar Association Washington State Bar Association
Office location for Serin Ngai
4111 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2016