Seth A. Rosenberg
Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Seattle, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2016 - 2019
- Free Consultation
Seth Rosenberg is the Managing Member of the Seattle Litigation Group, PLLC, a law firm that operates throughout Washington.
Seth knows what not being able to work in your chosen profession or losing a job can mean. Seth has spent his entire working life advocating for those who have fell on hard times, lost their jobs and their housing. Seth began his professional career working for the Pima County Superior Court as a criminal investigator. He then obtained employment with the Veterans Administration operating their Health Care for Homeless Veterans program in Tucson and Portland. After leaving the VA, Seth served as executive director of several agencies in the Portland and Seattle area providing services to low-income and disabled adults and families. In all of these jobs, Seth saw the effects that a lost job can have on a person and their family. He is dedicated to keeping you working.
Seth has fought hard for the extension of rights of workers and legal reform of the administrative process. Seth began his career successfully working for bail reform in Tucson, Arizona. He next spearheaded efforts for regulatory change through the King County Bar Association’s Public Policy Committee, the Washington State Bar Association’s Health Law Section, the Washington Association for Justice, and the non-profit Center for Administrative Fairness. Seth lobbied the State legislature and testified in front of the Senate’s Law and Justice committee. Seth has also appeared in front of the Washington State Supreme Court in Kumar v. Gate Gourmet, where he successfully argued for the extension of the duty of employers to accommodate their employee’s sincerely held religious beliefs.
Seth is competent to handle your case. Seth has litigated wage and hour, discrimination, and unemployment benefits cases for employers and employees. Seth has also represented clients in over a hundred adjudicative hearings for professional licensing disciplinary actions and social security and unemployment benefit denials. Seth has developed a national reputation in professional licensure defense and has appeared on a temporary basis in several other states to litigate issues of regulatory compliance.
Seth attended the University of Washington School of Law. He focused on administrative and employment law. During law school Mr. Rosenberg participated in internships with the Public School Employees of Washington, the U.S. Court, Western District of Washington, and Littler Mendelson in San Francisco. He also worked with the Innocence Project Northwest.
About Seth A. Rosenberg
First Admitted: 2009, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.seattlelitigation.net/about-us/seth-rosenberg/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Seth has been recognized by the Washington State Bar Association for his pro bono work in each of the past ten years.
- Honors Degree, 1985, Flinders University of South Australia Masters Social Work, 1995, University of Arizona. Masters Business Administration, 2000, Portland State University Juris Doctorate, 2009, University of Washington
- Seth is instrumental in establishing the Administrative Law Reform subcommittee of the Public Policy committee. That subcommittee seeks to reform the administrative law process through public education and awareness.
- Washington State Bar Association Federal Bar Association, Eastern and Western Washington and Oregon U.S. Bankruptcy Bar, Eastern and Western Washington and Oregon.
- Chair, Health Law Section, Washington State Bar Association. , 2016
- Seth has provided several continuing education topics to adult family home providers in the area of regulatory compliance., Speaker, Adult Family Home Counsel, 2017
- A step by step explanation of how to litigate an administrative matter. , Presenter, How to Litigate and Administrative Hearing, Washington State Bar Association, Legal, 2020
- I was a panel presenter discussing licensing issues with adult family home providers., Presenter, How to Defend Your Adult Family Home License, Adult Family Home Counsel of Washington, Adult Family Home Providers, 2020
- Presentation on how to conduct an administrative hearing in licensing matters., Presenter, Administrative Law, NACLE, Legal, 2020
- Seth has lectured to this non-profit group of attorneys concerning the regulatory landscape in the era of Donald Trump., Speaker, Attorneys
- Seth has provided continuing legal education on the topic of debt defense to the King County Bar Assocation's Solo and Small Firm group., Speaker, Attorneys, 2016
- Chan v. Ramp Technologies. This wage and hour claim was settled to the satisfaction of the parties., 2017
Last Updated: 5/15/2022