Seth E. Chastain
Top Rated Insurance Coverage Attorney in Seattle, WA
A shareholder at Levy | von Beck | Comstock | P.S., Seth E. Chastain is a highly-regarded civil litigation attorney. From the firm's office in Seattle, Washington, he represents individuals and businesses throughout the state in a variety of matters. In his construction defect practice, Mr. Chastain assists homeowners, condominium associations and businesses that have been harmed by shoddy workmanship or inferior materials. He also represents policy holders whose claims have been denied in bad faith by their insurance companies.
Mr. Chastain represents contractors, engineers, architects, and building material and equipment vendors who are seeking payment for services rendered or goods provided, and he has experience with mechanic's liens and bond claims in this regard. In addition, he has a general commercial litigation background, including lawsuits involving the breach of business contracts, and he also has experience in the drafting of real estate and other agreements. The quality of his work in all of these areas as well as his high degree of ethics have not gone unnoticed by his fellow attorneys, who have given Mr. Chastain an "Excellent" peer-review rating through Avvo.
Majoring in history and political science, Mr. Chastain attended the University of Washington in Seattle as an undergraduate, and in 2006, he received a Bachelor of Arts. After spending a year in Argentina, he returned to Washington and enrolled at Seattle University School of Law. Mr. Chastain was awarded his Juris Doctor cum laude in 2010. Admitted to practice before all Washington state courts, he has been with Levy | von Beck | Comstock | P.S. since January 2014, and he became a shareholder at the beginning of 2018.
About Seth E. Chastain
First Admitted: 2010, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://levy-law.com/attorneys/seth-chastain/
- Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- How To Handle Changing Conditions On Public Works Projects
- Presented a national seminar on adverse possession fundamentals., Lecturer, Adverse Possession 101, NBI, Inc., Real Estate, 2019
- Lectured on methods of pre- and post-judgment collection in Washington State., Lecturer, Bridging the Gap: Pre- and Post-Judgment Collections, King County Bar Association, 2015
- Lectured on the topic of damages in construction defect cases, including repair costs, damages in condominium cases, consequential damages, resulting damages, and attorneys' fees., Lecturer, Preparing for Construction Defects in the Future - Construction Defect Damages, The Seminar Group, 2018
- Has a Bond Removed Your Construction Lien from the Property?
- University of Washington B.A. 2006 (History)
- University of Washington B.A. 2006 (Political Science)
- Oregon, 2015
- Washington, 2010
- First Party Claimants
- Third Party Claimants
Last Updated: 5/15/2022