My practice includes transactional real estate including private party purchase and sale agreements, escrow services, real estate due diligence, and contract review, as well as estate planning, probate, and related corporate matters.
Much of my practice comes from referrals but I appreciate new clients as well. I work closely with other counsel when it comes to real estate including several probate and family law attorneys, financial planners, real estate agents, mortgage professionals, builders, developers, and investment companies. I am known for my ability to see a matter from many perspectives and enjoy problem solving, working collaboratively, and enjoy the unique elements of each transaction.
First Admitted: 2011, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://sealawpllc.com
- Washington State University Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences with emphasis in Psychology, Sociology and Anthropology. , 2006
- Seattle University School of Law Graduate where I participated in several American Bar Association competitions for client counseling which included a regional championship trophy. I represented the university while traveling to North Carolina, Texas, Montana and helped to host a regional competition in Seattle, Washington. I also coached several teams in this competition., 2010
- King County Dispute Resolution 40-hour Basic Mediation Training. Intensive training in multi approach mediation techniques. , 2011
- Volunteer for Washington's First Responder Clinic- Drafted and executed estate planning documents for Washington First Responders and their families., 2017
- 2010-Current. I consistently provide over 50 hours of need based ProBono work each year. This may be through various referrals and clinics.
- Vesta Vetted Professional. Conducted several zoom meetings/events per month on the topic of estate planning and real estate and how divorce and separation impact estate planning and real estate transactions, included free Q&A for the public., 2021
- 2004-2015 Volunteer King County Bar Association Neighborhood Legal Clinics, West Seattle. Provide pro bono services for a variety of clients and practice areas.
- Rising Star Selectee, SuperLawyer Rising Stars, Superlawyers, 2019
- Rising Star Selectee, SuperLawyer Rising Stars, Superlawyers, 2020
- 2021 SuperLawyer Rising Stars Selectee in the area of Real Estate., SuperLawyer Rising Stars, Superlawyers, 2021
- Chosen as a Vesta Vetted Professional for Estate Planning/Probate and Real Estate for their new HUB in Seattle, Washington. , Vesta Vetted Professional for Estate Planning/Probate and Real Estate, Vesta Divorce, 2021
- Wealth Counsel intensive training courses. , 2021
- Vesta Divorce vetted professional supporting people through divorce in my primary areas of practice including real estate, escrow, and estate planning. , 2021
- Member of King County Bar Association and Washington State Bar Association Solo and Small Practice group., 2022
- Member of King County Bar Association Real Property, Probate and Trust Law section., 2022
- Member of Washington State Bar Association Elder Law Section. , 2022
- Member of Washington State Bar Association Real Property and Trust section., 2022
- Member of Washington State Bar Association Solo and Small Practice Group., 2022
- Vesta Divorce. Worked with Vesta to open a new hub in Seattle WA where I acted as a referral source for estate planning and life planning while going through the divorce process. , 2021
- Elder Law
- FSBO and private sales
- Private Lending
- Probate Transfers
- Real Property & Trust
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2021