Sidney S. Royer
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Seattle, WA
Attorney Sidney S. Royer is a shareholder at the law firm of Leemon + Royer, PLLC, in Seattle, Washington, where she handles cases involving medical malpractice, catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death. She has a particular interest in representing victims of child sexual. Representing clients in the Seattle area, she works with cases involving nursing home negligence, inadequate premises security, failure to supervise, sexual misconduct and other issues.
Before becoming a lawyer, Ms. Royer worked for several years as a psychiatric social worker in Chicago. She earned her bachelor's degree from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and obtained a master's degree in social work from the same institution. She later earned her law degree from the Seattle University School of Law, graduating in 1983.
Today, Ms. Royer is admitted to practice in all Washington state courts as well as the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. In her more than 30 years of practice, she has secured numerous million- and multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts for her clients.
Along with her law practice, Ms. Royer serves as a hearing officer for the Washington State Bar Association Disciplinary Board.
Ms. Royer also belongs to the National Crime Victim Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, where she is a member of the organization's birth trauma, inadequate security litigation and nursing home litigation groups. She has appeared on a variety of radio and television programs, including "60 Minutes."
- 50%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 50%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2003 - 2006, 2010 - 2022
Articles about Sidney S. Royer appearing in Super Lawyers
About Sidney S. Royer
First Admitted: 1984, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.leeroylaw.com/Attorney-Profiles/Sidney-S-Royer.sh...
- Several settlements for failure to diagnose breast cancer in the low to high six figures
- Six figure settlements against nursing homes for inadequate care and negligent care, including burns received in a group home, and bedsores in a nursing home
- $5.25 million in a birth injury case that was settled before trial
- Many six-figure settlements for malpractice by mental health care providers, including suicide after inappropriate treatment, misdiagnoses of multiple personality disorder and dissociative personality disorder, and abusive "re-parenting" therapy
- $2.8 million settlement after jury selection against the State of Washington Department of Corrections on behalf of the estate of a woman who was kidnapped and murdered by a negligently supervised parolee
- $600,000 settlement for failure to diagnose cauda equine syndrome (CES)
- Mid six-figure settlements in cases of inadequate security by premises owners, including the rape of a nurse in a hospital parking lot, a shooting death in a motel parking lot, and the shooting death of a parking lot attendant
- U.S. District Court Western District of Washington, 1985
- American Association for Justice, Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Member
- National Crime Victims Bar Association, Member
- Washington, 1984
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors, Co-Chair
- American Association for Justice, Inadequate Security Litigation Group, Member
- King County Bar Association Judicial Screening Committee, Member
- Washington State Trial Lawyers Association Board of Governors, Member
- American Association for Justice, Nursing Home Litigation Group, Member
- Washington State Bar Association Disciplinary Board, Hearing Officer
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois M.S.W., Master of Social Work, 1975
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, B.S., Bachelor of Science, Honors: With High Honors and Distinction in Psychology, 1973
- American Association For Justice
- National Crime Victims Bar Association
- Washington State Association For Justice
Last Updated: 5/15/2022