Stephen C. Willey
Top rated business litigation attorney in Seattle, WashingtonSavitt Bruce & Willey LLP
Stephen C. Willey is a partner at the highly respected Seattle law firm of Savitt Bruce & Willey LLP. Since joining the firm in 2003, Mr. Willey has focused his efforts on resolving commercial law disputes through litigation or negotiation. He represents both plaintiffs and defendants and offers ongoing counsel to clients from Washington state and throughout the country whose disputes relate to the following:
- Securities litigation
- Real estate litigation
- Risk management
- Intellectual property litigation
- Employment litigation
- Corporate governance
- Contract law
Mr. Willey began his legal career in 1994 after earning his law degree from University of Wisconsin Law School and his admission to the Washington State Bar Association. In 2000, The State Bar of California also granted him admission, as have the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Washington and the Northern and Central Districts of California, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the 8th and 9th Circuits, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
Over the course of Mr. Willey's 20-plus year legal career, he has earned a reputation as one of Washington state's leading attorneys. His reputation has resulted in a number of honors, including a "Superb" rating from Avvo. In addition, The Best Lawyers in America lists him among the country's top commercial litigation and intellectual property litigation lawyers.
Mr. Willey is not only a respected attorney but also a valued member of the legal community. He is a member of a number of legal organizations, including the Federal Bar Association, the American Bar Association and the King County Bar Association.
Practice areasBusiness litigation, Employment litigation: defense, Intellectual property litigation, Appellate
Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 50% Business litigation
- 20% Employment litigation: defense
- 20% Intellectual property litigation
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 1994, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.sbwllp.com/our-lawyers/stephen-c-willey/
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America
- 10.0 Rating on Avvo.com
- Named BTI Client Service All-Star- 2015, 2019
- Named in Chambers USA Guide to Leading Lawyers, 2013, 2016 - 2022, Chambers and Partners
- Named one of "Washington's Most Amazing Attorneys," Washington CEO magazine, 2006
- Federal Bar Association of the Western District of Washington
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- Member, American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, 2004-present
- Washington State Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- American Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- ChemPoint v. Xenon Arc Inc., et al.
- Maier v. Sesame Communications Inc.
- Fuhlendorf v. Isilon Systems Inc.
- InfoFlows v. Corbis
- National Flood Services v. Torrent Technologies
- vCustomer Corp. v. Acorn Ventures Inc.
- Rtischev v. SRI International
- Amazon v. Expedia
- Williams College, B.A., 1985
- Co-editor, Lexis Nexis Practice Guide: Washington Contract Litigation, LexisNexis/Matthew Bender, 2015
- Presenter, Finessing the Fine Print: Agreements to Arbitrate and Covenants not to Compete, ashington Association of Corporate Counsel, 2014
- Presenter, Covering Your Bases: Practical Tips to Deal with and Avoid Litigation, Washington Association of Corporate Counsel, 2013
- Presenter, Anatomy of a Deal Gone Bad, The William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court, 2013
- Moderator, The New Supreme Court, Federal Bar Association Annual Federal Practice CLE, 2005
- Presenter, Basics of Accounting & Finance, Practicing Law Institute, 2002
Office location for Stephen C. Willey
1425 4th Ave
Seattle, WA 98101
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2022