Thomas J. Breen
Top Rated Products Liability Attorney in Seattle, WA
Selected to Rising Stars: 2010 - 2012
Thomas J. Breen is an attorney at Schroeter Goldmark & Bender in Seattle, Washington. Mr. Breen handles a variety of personal injury matters, including those involving mesothelioma, products liability and sexual assault. He serves clients in Seattle and throughout the state of Washington.
Mr. Breen has more than 15 years of litigation experience. Over the course of his legal career, he has successfully settled and litigated numerous cases on behalf of negligence victims.
Before joining Schroeter Goldmark & Bender, Mr. Breen served as a prosecutor for King County and practiced at a commercial litigation firm, which allowed him to develop his arbitration and litigation skills. He is also a former teacher at the University of San Francisco and La Universidad Europea de Madrid.
Outside of his practice, Mr. Breen stays active in his legal community by speaking for groups including the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office and the Washington State Bar Association. He is a faculty member for the National Institute of Trial Advocacy and an adjunct faculty member at the University of Washington School of Law. He is a contributing author to the Washington Product Liability Deskbook and a member of the William L. Dwyer American Inn of Court.
Mr. Breen earned a bachelor’s degree from the State University of New York at Albany and a master’s degree from Middlebury College. He received his law degree from the University of Texas at Austin School of Law. He holds a license to practice law before all Washington state courts, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
- 60%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 30%General Litigation
- 10%Employment & Labor: Employee
Motor Vehicle Defects, Sexual Harassment
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2012
Articles about Thomas J. Breen appearing in Super Lawyers
About Thomas J. Breen
First Admitted: 2003, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://sgb-law.com/attorneys/thomas-breen/
- Literacy Academy Director for Latin American immigrant students, Redwood City, 1996 - 1997
- Washington Product Liability Deskbook, Contributing Author
- Faculty member, La Universidad Europea de Madrid, 1996 - 1997
- Faculty member, University of San Francisco, 1997 - 1998
- Faculty member, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Adjunct faculty, University of Washington School of Law, Trial Advocacy
- Speaker, King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office: “Effective Cross Examination”, 2011
- Speaker, WSBA, Jury Selection and Other Jury Skills CLE: “How to Avoid Having 12 Angry Jurors: The Fundamentals for Excelling In Front of a Jury”, 2010
- Speaker, WSBA, Evidence and Objection Skills Boot Training CLE: “How to Prepare for the Unexpected at Trial”, 2011
- Washington Product Liability blog, Publisher
Pro bono/Community Service
- Mock trial coach, University of Washington, American Association for Justice competition
- Super Lawyer Washington Law & Politics, 2014 - 2016
- Cain fellowship, The University of Texas School of Law
- Washington State
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- William L. Dwyer American Inn of Courts, Member
- University of Washington School of Law, Trial Advocacy, Adjunct faculty.
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, Faculty member.
- University of San Francisco, Faculty member., 1997
- La Universidad Europea de Madrid, Faculty member., 1996
- University at Albany, State University of New York, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993
- Middlebury College, M.A., 1994
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2003
Last Updated: 5/15/2022