Janelle M. Carney
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Spokane, WA
Janelle M. Carney is the Managing Shareholder for the Spokane and Tri-Cities offices of GLP Attorneys. Janelle has a background in insurance, and it was this experience that led her to believe that representing plaintiffs was her true passion. She understood the importance of advocating for those that were unable to advocate for themselves. She prides herself on her compassion for her clients and working on every case to the best of her ability, whether large or small in value.
Janelle focuses her law practice on all aspects of personal injury law, including wrongful death claims, premises liability, and insurance bad faith law all over Eastern Washington. Janelle is a former chair of the Insurance Law group for Washington State Association for Justice. Janelle is passionate about insurance bad faith law and doing everything she can to make sure insurance companies do the right thing. She consistently presents on the topic of insurance law throughout the State of Washington. She has moderated the Insurance Law Seminar on the Insurance Fair Conduct Act and presented on bad faith in both underinsured motorist claims and personal injury protection claims.
Janelle has been consistently awarded as one of Spokane/Coeur D’Alene’s Top Lawyers from 2014 to present. She has been awarded the Rising Star Super Lawyers Award for the past 8 years, which is awarded to the top 2.5% of attorneys in the State of Washington. She has also been consistently awarded the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award, an award for a select few in the United States. Janelle has also been granted membership into the Million Dollar Advocates Form as well as the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, of which fewer than 1% of U.S. Lawyers are members. In 2020, she was admitted into the Top 100 Registry for Lawyers nationally, which recognizes people of distinction in law.
About Janelle M. Carney
First Admitted: 2008, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://www.glpattorneys.com/attorneys/janelle-m-carney/
- Washington State Association for Justice, Eagle Member, 2011-Present
- Arizona Trial Lawyers Association, 2008
- Washington Women Lawyers, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Washington, Admitted to Practice, 2013
- Chair of Insurance Law Section of Washington State Association of Justice, 2019
- Washington State Bar Association, Admitted to Practice, 2008
- Arizona State Bar Association, Admitted to Practice, 2008
- Benton Franklin Counties Bar Association, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington, Admitted to Practice, 2014
- Spokane County Bar Association, Member, 2012
Pro bono/Community Service
- Janelle graduated from law school with Pro Bono Distinction, meaning she spent over 50 hours dedicated to pro bono work. She was a Pro Bono Lawyer for a Domestic Violence Shelter in Phoenix from 2008-2010. She was and Attorney Volunteer for ASU Mock Trial Group, 2009. Janelle is currently is active in the Big Brothers Big Sisters program in Spokane County.
- Pro Bono Lawyer for a Domestic Violence Shelter, 2010
- $1,800,000 settlement for the parents of a young child who tragically died in a motor vehicle accident.
- $1,100,000 settlement for an elderly woman who was assaulted while living in an assisted living facility.
- $1,000,000 for the victim of a head on collision resulting in permanent hip and leg injuries.
- $575,000 result for a man involved in a t bone collision, as a result of a disputed liablity red light run. He ultimately underwent surgery, which was argued by the defense as being the result of pre-existing conditions and not the motor vehicle collision. This case settled three weeks before trial with Janelle as the lead attorney.
- $575,000 for the victim of a rear end collision. She had recently undergone a knee surgery before the accident and had been released from treatment only three weeks before the car crash. After the accident, she had to undergo a revision of her knee surgery, which Janelle proved was the direct result of the car accident.
- $400,000 settlement for a man involved in motorcycle accident, who fractured his arm and tore his rotator cuff.
- $250,000 result for woman involved in two separate slip-and-fall incidents in an apartment complex. She had fallen on ice separately injuring both wrists. This case settled 6 weeks before trial with Janelle as the lead attorney.
- $162,500 result for woman who sustained two separate dog bite injuries while working as a pet groomer. This case settled two weeks before trial with Janelle as the lead attorney.
- Arizona State University, J.D., Tempe, AZ, 2007
- University of Washington, B.A., Seattle, WA, 2005
- In 2020, she was admitted into the Top 100 Registry for Lawyers nationally, which recognizes people of distinction in law. , Top 100 Registry for Lawyers, 2020
- Clients' Choice Award, Avvo, 2021
- Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Consistently awarded the National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award, an award for a select few in the United States., National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award, National Top 100 Trial Lawyers Award
- Established in 1993, the Million Dollar Advocates Forum (which includes the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum) is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. Membership is limited to attorneys who have won million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. There are over 5000 members throughout the country. Fewer than 1% of U.S. lawyers are members., Member, Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Certificate of Excellence in Negotiations
- Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The patented selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. To be eligible for inclusion in Rising Stars, a candidate must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5% are names to the Rising Stars list., Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Janelle has been consistently awarded as one of Spokane/Coeur D’Alene’s Top Lawyers from 2014 to present. Attorneys are ranked according to Avvo’s proprietary algorithms, and the Avvo Rating is a score on a 10-point scale distilled from the raw rankings generated by Avvo. According to Avvo, “The Avvo Rating is our effort to evaluate a lawyer’s background, based on the information we know about the lawyer. The rating is calculated using a mathematical model that considers the information shown in a lawyer’s profile, including a lawyer’s years in practice, disciplinary history, professional achievements and industry recognition—all factors that, in our opinion, are relevant to assessing a lawyer’s qualifications.” The attorneys on this list received a rating of 8.0 or higher. , Spokane/Coeur D’Alene’s Top Lawyers , Spokane/Coeur D’Alene’s Top Lawyers
- Pedrick Scholar
- National Dean's List Recipient
Last Updated: 5/15/2022