David J. Corbett
Top rated appellate attorney in Tacoma, WashingtonDavid Corbett PLLC
Practice Areas: Appellate, Business litigation, General litigation
Licensed in Washington since: 2001
Education: Yale Law School
Languages Spoken: English, German, Spanish
David Corbett PLLC2106 N Steele St
Tacoma, WA 98406 Visit website
David J. Corbett is an attorney admitted to Washington state and federal courts, as well as to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. Based in Tacoma, Washington, his practice focuses primarily on civil appeals, but he also represents faculty members at the University of Washington in administrative law proceedings, and does legal writing for other attorneys with civil litigation projects.
An economics graduate of the University of California, Berkeley, Mr. Corbett completed his doctorate in Economics in 1990 from Harvard University. After teaching at Williams College as an assistant professor of economics for seven years, he received his J.D. from Yale Law School for in 2000.
Soon after graduation, Mr. Corbett was licensed to practice in Washington and went on to serve as a law clerk to the Honorable Judge Franklin D. Burgess at the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington in Tacoma. The lucid and rationally compelling arguments that he raises in court, using his experience with judges and at various other reputed law firms, help turn the odds in the clients’ favor.
Rated “Excellent” on Avvo, the reviews left by satisfied clients speak to Mr. Corbett’s exceptional reputation for delivering favorable results. They define him as an exemplary professional who finds creative solutions to problems and communicates each matter coherently with his clients. Owing to his academic excellence, he was the recipient of the Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst Scholarship and the Harvard Krupp Foundation Dissertation Research Fellowship, while in graduate school.
Practice areasAppellate, Business litigation, General litigation
- 60% Appellate
- 30% Business litigation
- 10% General litigation
First Admitted: 2001, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://davidcorbettlaw.com/blog1/about/
- Koler/Land Use & Prop. Law, PLLC v. City of Black Diamond, 20 Wn. App. 2d 629, 501 P.3d 1209 (2021), review denied sub nom. Koler v. City of Black Diamond, 199 Wn.2d 1014, 508 P.3d 668 (2022)
- Matter of Marriage of Kaufman, 17 Wn. App. 2d 497, 485 P.3d 991 (2021)
- 1988, Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst Fellowship
- Phi Beta Kappa, 1982, U.C. Berkeley Chapter
- 1988, Harvard Krupp Foundation Fellowship
- Ph.D. in Economics, Harvard Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (1991); B.A. in Economics, U.C. Berkeley (1982); Livermore High School, Livermore, CA (1978)
Office location for David J. Corbett
2106 N Steele St
Tacoma, WA 98406
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2006