Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Tacoma, WA
- Virtual Appointments
Janice Langbehn is an award-winning associate attorney at Envision Family Law. She primarily serves clients in the Greater Pierce and King County areas in Washington. General family law, divorce, child custody and adoption are just some of the many cases she has tackled during her law career.
In 2000, Ms. Langbehn earned her master's degree in social work at the University of Washington. She later received her J.D. from the Seattle University School of Law. She has been licensed to practice in Washington since 2018. Since becoming an attorney, she has achieved considerable success for herself and her clients by helping them steer clear of legal pitfalls in family law.
Perhaps, the biggest contributor to this success is that she brings 18 years of experience as a social worker with child protective services to the family law cases she handles. Throughout her career, Ms. Langbehn worked with more than 1,000 children and families. In 2011, Barack Obama presented her with the Presidential Citizens Medal. The Human Rights Campaign has also presented her with the National Equality Award.
During her career as a social worker, Ms. Langbehn developed a strong reputation for her LGBTQ advocacy. Now, as an attorney, she continues to carry the torch as a member of the LGBT Bar Association. She also remains committed to protecting the rights of minors in family law cases.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2021 - 2022
Articles about Janice Langbehn appearing in Super Lawyers
About Janice Langbehn
First Admitted: 2018, Washington
Professional Webpage: https://www.envisionfamilylaw.com/lawyer_profile/janice-lang...
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Awarded the Presidential Citizen Medal from President Barack Obama. I received this for fighting for equality for LGBT Families. I worked with the White House and HHS to change the HHS rules allowing LGBT families to be together during hospitalization without showing any documents that they were a couple., 2011
- Washington State Bar Association, 2018
- National LGBT Bar Association, 2018
- Thurston County Bar Association, 2019
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, 2019
- Juris Doctor from Seattle University School of Law., 2018
- Master's in Social Worker, University of Washington., 2000
- Master's in Public Administration from The Evergreen State College., 1995
- Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, 1990
Pro bono/Community Service
- 100 hours through Tacoma Pro Bono., 2020
- Selected Member of City of Tacoma Human Rights Commission, 2022
- Terminated a minor guardianship in favor of my client/Father who did not know he was a father. He now has full custody., 2022
- Successful fought for a military mom’s right to child support when the father refused to even recognize the child as his own., 2022
- Completed two very difficult step-parent adoptions by terminating the natural father’s rights., 2022
- , Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2022
- , Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , National Equality Award, Human Rights Campaign, 2010
- , National Liberty Award, Lambda Legal, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022