Kimberly L. April
Top rated Family Law attorney in Tacoma, WashingtonLaw Office of Sophia M. Palmer
Practice Areas: Family Law
Licensed in Washington since: 1999
Education: Seattle University School of Law
Law Office of Sophia M. Palmer615 Commerce St.
Tacoma, WA 98402 Phone: 253-201-3864 Email: Kimberly L. April Visit website
Kimberly L. April is an attorney at Envision Family Law. Based in Tacoma, Washington, she focuses her practice exclusively on family law matters, providing representation to clients throughout the greater Seattle/Tacoma metropolitan area. Ms. April has been admitted to practice in Washington since 1999, and she is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Ms. April's client base is largely made up of people whose marriages are ending and who are thus having to deal with such divorce-related issues as child custody and visitation, spousal and child support, and the division of assets and debts. Although many of her clients can reach an accord on these matters during negotiations, she is a superb trial attorney and enjoys an excellent reputation among Pierce County family court judges. In addition to her divorce practice, Ms. April's family law experience has included the representation of domestic violence victims who are petitioning the court for orders of protection, and she also assists clients whose marriages have already been legally dissolved and who are now seeking the enforcement of or modifications to existing support and parenting orders. Her method of handling what are often sensitive and emotional matters has earned her a great deal of recognition from her colleagues, including a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo and a Distinguished* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. April attended the University of Washington as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1996. She then went on to pursue her legal education at Seattle University School of Law, and in 1999, she was awarded her Juris Doctor cum laude. Ms. April's professional affiliations include the Family Law Section of the Tacoma-Pierce County Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
First Admitted: 1999, Washington
Professional Webpage: http://sophiampalmerlaw.com/attorney/april-kimberly/
- Seattle University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1999
- University of Washington - BA, 1996
- American Trial Lawyers - Top 100, Top 100, American Trial Lawyers, 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell - Distinguished, Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell - Peer Review Rated, Peer Review Rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- , Outstanding Service Award, Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, 2006
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association (1999-Present) Trustee (2020-Present), 2021
- United States District Court
- State of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association - Young Lawyers Division Position: Trustee (2006-2009), 2006
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association - Young Lawyers Section Position: Secretary (2004-2005), 2004
- Tacoma Pierce County Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section. Position: Trustee (2001-2003), 2001
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023