Benjamin B. (Ben) Ware
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Charleston, West VirginiaGoodwin & Goodwin, LLP
A partner at Goodwin & Goodwin, LLP, Ben Ware focuses his practice on general civil litigation and appeals. From the firm's office in Charleston, West Virginia, he handles personal injury, wrongful death, and nursing home litigation for clients all over West Virginia who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties. Mr. Ware also represents businesses in litigation involving breach of contract and other commercial disputes, and he provides advice and counsel to area employees on employment law issues such as wrongful termination, sexual harassment, and other discrimination claims.
Mr. Ware received a Bachelor of Science in economics from West Virginia University in 2002. Remaining in Morgantown, he then enrolled at West Virginia University College of Law. After being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2005, Mr. Ware joined Goodwin & Goodwin, LLP. Admitted to practice before all West Virginia state courts, Mr. Ware is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia.
In one representative matter, Mr. Ware represented the only survivor of the Sago Mine explosion for the catastrophic injuries that the miner incurred. He has also represented his undergraduate alma mater, obtaining a successful result in a 2015 appeal involving the Freedom of Information Act. Mr. Ware has taken multiple cases to trial in West Virginia, and has helped to secure many favorable settlements for his clients over the years.
Mr. Ware is a member of the Golden Key International Honour Society in recognition of his academic excellence. He is also actively involved in several professional organizations, including the American Bar Association and The West Virginia State Bar. From 2007 to 2014, he served on the West Virginia University College of Law Development Council.
Click here to learn more about Benjamin B. Ware’s AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbell: http://www3.lawyers.com/charleston/west-virginia/benjamin-b-ware-157198604-a/
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Employment Discrimination, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Retaliation, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death, Wrongful Termination
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 30% Business Litigation
- 10% Employment Litigation: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.goodwingoodwin.com/attorneys/benjamin-b-ware/
- West Virginia University in landmark Freedom of Information Act matter, Highland Mining Co. v. W.Va. University School of Medicine, 235 W.Va. 370 (2015)
- American Bar Association
- Sigma Chi Fraternity House Corporation, 2008 – 2015
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- WVU College of Law Development Council, 2007 – 2014
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia
- West Virginia State Bar
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, B.S. Economics, 2002
- Ben is proud to have the highest peer review rating available of AV Preeminent, AV Preeminent Peer Review Rating , Martindale-Hubbell, 2017
- West Virginia University College of Business & Economics Alumni Spotlight
- Selected by Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Golden Key National Honor Society, 1998 – Present
Office location for Benjamin B. (Ben) Ware
300 Summers Street
Charleston, WV 25301
- Rising Stars: 2016 - 2020