Kristina Thomas Whiteaker
Top rated consumer law attorney in Charleston, West VirginiaThe Grubb Law Group
Kristina Thomas Whiteaker is an associate with The Grubb Law Group who represents clients in West Virginia. She focuses her law practice on issues of consumer law including auto dealer fraud, consumer protection, lemon law, sexual harassment, employment and labor law, race discrimination, disability discrimination and the Americans with Disabilities Act. With over 15 years of experience, she also takes cases of wrongful discharge, personal injury, mobile home defects and warranty and interstate accidents.
At Marietta College in 1995, Ms. Whiteaker earned her undergraduate degree before moving on to Ohio University. There she obtained a master’s degree in English literature in 1999. Ms. Whiteaker then decided to attend law school, and she graduated from West Virginia University College of Law in 2003. While in law school, she was a member of the West Virginia Law Review and was a graduate research assistant for the National Environmental Services Center.
Ms. Whiteaker is a member of the West Virginia Association for Justice Executive Committee and is also on the Board of Governors for the organization. She is a current member and former president of the West Virginia Employment Lawyers Association.
She is admitted to practice in the state of West Virginia and before the United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia and the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia. Ms. Whiteaker is passionate about treating all clients with respect, whether they are dealing with an unexpected injury or unfair treatment by a company or an employer.
Practice areasConsumer law, Employment & labor: employee, Civil rights
Auto dealer fraud, Consumer protection, Lemon law, Sexual harassment, Americans with disabilities act, Race discrimination, Disability, Discrimination
- 60% Consumer law
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 10% Civil rights
First Admitted: 2003, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.grubblawgroup.com/Attorney-Profiles/Kristina-T-W...
- West Virginia University College of Law, 2003
- BA from Marietta College, 1995
- Master of Arts, English Literature, Ohio University, 1999
- Serves as a parent-volunteer for the Boy Scouts., 2016
- Taught CLE at West Virginia Association for Justice, 2018 Mid-Winter Convention and Seminar, Co-Presenter, Winning Strategies on the Way to Trial, 2018
- Presented CLE at West Virginia Association for Justice's Annual Convention, Co-, 2018 Consumer Law Update, 2017
- Presented CLE at West Virginia Association for Justice's Annual Convention, Co-Presenter, Tort Law 2018: Legislative Changes, 2018
- , Member of the Year, West Virginia Association for Justice, 2021
- In recognition of service to the West Virginia Association for Justice and its members, her commitment to protecting access to the courts and her work to improve the state's civil justice system., President's Award, West Virginia Association for Justice, 2017
- Member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates, 2021
- West Virginia Employment Law Attorneys (WVELA), Member and Past President, 2013
- WVAJ Executive Committee, Member
- West Virginia Association for Justice Board of Governors, Member
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 2015
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia, 2005
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 2003
- West Virginia, 2003
Office location for Kristina Thomas Whiteaker
1114 Kanawha Boulevard East
Charleston, WV 25301
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023