L. Lee Javins, II
Top rated Products Liability attorney in Charleston, West VirginiaBailey, Javins & Carter, L.C.
Attorney Lee Javins is a partner with Bailey, Javins, & Carter L.C. law firm, which has law offices in Charleston and Morgantown, West Virginia, as well as Atlanta, Georgia. A nationally ranked trial lawyer with more than 28 years of experience, Mr. Javins provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across the state who have legal needs involving Product Liability matters.
Throughout the course of his legal career, Mr. Javins has achieved remarkable success advocating on behalf of injured workers and others who have suffered serious injuries or loss as a result of a preventable tragedy caused by someone else's negligence or wrongdoing. From his efforts, he has recovered numerous substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients totaling millions of dollars in damages, and he has gained a reputation for his fierce advocacy and unwavering support of those in need.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Colwell is AV Preeminent peer-review rated* through Martindale-Hubbell and has received many other top rankings and endorsements from his peers. He has also received dozens of testimonials along with glowing referrals from his satisfied clients, and he finds great reward in being able to help so many in his community during their times of dire need.
A 1991 graduate of West Virginia University, Mr. Javins returned to his alma mater and obtained his Juris Doctor from West Virginia University College of Law in 1994. The West Virginia State Bar admitted him to practice that same year, and he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit.
Highly active in his legal community, Mr. Javins is a member of the West Virginia and American Bar Associations, the West Virginia State Bar, the West Virginia Association for Justice, the American Bar Association and the American Association for Justice, and the Trial Lawyers for Public Justice, among others.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Defects
- 100% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1994, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.baileyjavinscarter.com/attorneys/lee-javins/
- Moot Court Board, West Virginia University College of Law
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings: AV Preeminent®: The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that a large number of the lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards., AV Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Pattern Jury Instruction Committee, Supreme Court
- State of West Virginia, ex rel. v. McKesson Corporation, Civil Action No. 16-1772 (S.D.W.Va.) (Doc30)
- Johnson, et al v. Ford Motor Co., Civil Action No. 3:13-cv-06529 (S.D.W.Va.) (Doc 1120)
- Logar, et al., v. West Virginia University Board of Governors, et al., Case No. 1:13-cv-145 [DOC 39] (N.D. W. Va.)
- S. v. United Bank, Inc., Case No. 2:08-921 [DOC 15] (S. D. W. Va.)
- State of West Virginia ex rel. v. JPMorgan Chase & Co. et al., Case No. 3:11-cv-00717 [DOC 27] (S.D. W. Va.)
- State of West Virginia, ex rel County Comm. Of Boone County v. Cooke, 475 S.E.2d 483 (W.Va. 1996)
- State of West Virginia ex rel. Ford Motor Company v. Honorable Warren R. McGraw, Judge of the Circuit Court of Wyoming County; and Danny S. Wellman, Administrator of the estate of Jarred S. Wellman
- Barr v. NCB Management Services, Inc., et al., 711 S.E.2d 577 (W.Va. 2011)
- France v. Southern Equipment, 689 S.E.2d 1 (W. Va. 2009)
- State of West Virginia, ex rel. Discover Financial Services, Inc., v. Hon. David Nibert, No. 13-0086, WL 2460623 (W. Va. S. Ct. Appeal 2013)
- American Bar Association
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- Trial Lawyers for Public Justice
- American Association for Justice
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group, Board of Governors
- United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia, 1994
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia B.S.
Office location for L. Lee Javins, II
213 Hale Street
Charleston, WV 25301
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2023