Mark E. Troy
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Charleston, WV
- Free Consultation
Located in the Charleston, West Virginia, office of the national law firm Morgan & Morgan, Mark E. Troy focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He has been admitted to practice before all West Virginia state courts since 1994, and since 2007, he has been admitted to practice in the Commonwealth of Kentucky as well.
Mr. Troy represents people throughout the region who have incurred significant losses as the result of the negligence or recklessness of other parties. He has handled cases stemming from such incidents as premises liability, medical malpractice, animal bites, and truck, motorcycle, and automobile accidents. Mr. Troy has been practicing personal injury law for much of his legal career, and his skills in arguing in front of a jury as well as his proficiency in negotiating favorable out-of-court settlements with defendants and their liability insurance carriers have resulted in his clients receiving millions of dollars in compensation for their medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost income, and other damages.
Mr. Troy’s successful track record both in and out of the courtroom along with his high degree of professionalism have earned him the respect of his fellow attorneys. Some evidence of this can be seen in his receipt of an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer-review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Troy has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100. After attending Marshall University, where he was an ROTC member and majored in finance before receiving a Bachelor of Business Administration, he enrolled at West Virginia University College of Law, and in 1994, he graduated with his Juris Doctor.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 60%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20%General Litigation
- 20%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Litigation, Medical Malpractice
- Super Lawyers: 2021
About Mark E. Troy
First Admitted: 1994, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.forthepeople.com/attorneys/mark-eric-troy/
- , Super Lawyer Nominated (Personal Injury)
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- 5-Star Rating on Facebook
- , AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- , "Superb" Attorney Rating, AVVO, 2020
- West Virginia Association for Justice
- National Trial Lawyers
- Kentucky State Bar
- West Virginia State Bar
- Admitted to KY State Bar, 2017
- Admitted to WV State Bar, 1994
- B.B.A., Marshall University, 1990
- One step at a time 💯 #MondayMotivation https://t.co/vUYUWgUoN6
- Alicia Smith, Derrick Connell, Rick Block, @MattMorganESQ & Max Karric just won a $7,167,345.00 verdict for their… https://t.co/lIEn73nuvJ
- Attorneys Jonathan Rabinowitz, Luke Mitcheson & Garrett Lee joined our friends from the Massachusetts AFL-CIO for G… https://t.co/1rM5rbDkz6
- #VerdictAlert! Mike Smith, Raissa Booze and Chris Hinckley just received a $921,172.05 verdict for their client in… https://t.co/4hep6lUPJ2
Last Updated: 5/15/2022