Stephen B. Farmer
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Charleston, West VirginiaFarmer, Cline & Campbell, PLLC
When Stephen B. Farmer helped form the law firm of Farmer, Cline & Campbell, PLLC, he was prepared with almost 30 years of experience as a practicing attorney, and over 20 years of educational knowledge as a faculty member of The Trial Advocacy College at the University of Virginia School of Law. He brings understanding of many complex matters involving business and commercial law, products liability, litigation and appeals, legal malpractice, criminal law and personal injury litigation. These skills are passed on to people in the Charleston, Morgantown and Beckley, West Virginia, areas who are seeking representation.
With a long list of academic accomplishments, Mr. Farmer is well-versed in important areas of the law. In 1979, he earned a Bachelor of Science with a major in business administration from West Virginia University, and received many honors as a student at West Virginia University College of Law. During his time there, he also served as a member of the West Virginia Law Review.
Believing that his knowledge and skills can always be expanded, Mr. Farmer remains an active member of many professional organizations, including the DRI – The Voice of the Defense Bar and the Defense Trial Counsel of West Virginia. While he focused his efforts in education on business administration, he gained a deeper understanding and perspective of commercial and business law that he passes on to benefit his clients.
Admitted to practice in West Virginia, as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, Mr. Farmer provides his clients fair representation with a focus on compensation. He is prepared to handle any complex matter with a steadfast, focused approach.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Business Litigation, Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
Brain Injury, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Business Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1984, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.farmerclinecampbell.com/attorney/stephen-b-farme...
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, Standardization of Jury Instructions Appointee Committee, 2000
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- West Virginia Defense Trial Counsel, Member
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia, 1984
- West Virginia University College of Law, Visiting Committee, 2001 - 2004
- American Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute, Member
- West Virginia, 1984
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, Permanent Member
- Kanawha County Bar Association, Member
- West Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- Baker Cup Moot Court Award, West Virginia University College of Law, 1982
- The International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, 2004/2005 Ed.
- Moot Court Board Member, West Virginia University College of Law, 1981-1983
- The Best Lawyers in America in Personal Injury, Commercial Litigation and Criminal Law
- Outstanding Lawyers of America
- Order of Barristers, West Virginia University College of Law, 1983 - 1984
- The International Who's Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers, 4th Ed., 2004
- Chambers USA - America's Leading Lawyers for Business
- West Virginia Law Review, Member, West Virginia University College of Law, 1982 - 1984
- Faculty, Trial Advocacy Institute, University of Virginia School of Law
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia, B.S. in Business Administration, 1979
Office location for Stephen B. Farmer
746 Myrtle Road
Charleston, WV 25314
- Super Lawyers: 2007 - 2024