W. Jesse Forbes
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Charleston, West VirginiaForbes Law Offices, PLLC
As the managing attorney of Forbes Law Offices, W. Jesse Forbes divides his practice between personal injury, crime victim representation, wrongful death litigation and serious criminal defense. In 2020 Jesse represented 29 child sexual abuse victims recovering a $52 million dollar settlement on their behalf. Based in Charleston, West Virginia, his background also encompasses consumer protection issues, including his work on a 2012 case involving unfair trade practices by a credit card issuer that resulted in an $18 million settlement for cardholders throughout the state who had seen their accounts wrongly charged. Admitted to practice in West Virginia, Mr. Forbes is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Forbes represents clients who have been charged with the commission of misdemeanor or felony offenses. His experience in this regard has covered white collar crimes, driving under the influence of alcohol, drug possession and trafficking, assault, murder, and burglary. Mr. Forbes also assists people throughout the state who have been harmed by the negligence of other parties in incidents arising out of motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, and child abuse. His successful track record throughout his career have earned him the respect of his colleagues, as evidenced by his receipt of a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo, and "Distinguished" peer review rating* through Martindale-Hubbell. Mr. Forbes has also been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40.
Mr. Forbes is a graduate of West Virginia University, where he majored in journalism and received a Bachelor of Science in 2002. His legal education came at Wake Forest University School of Law, and he was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2005. After graduation, he clerked for a judge on West Virginia's 5th Judicial Circuit before entering private practice. Mr. Forbes is active in several professional and community organizations.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Rights, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Criminal Law, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Expungement, Felony, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Police Misconduct, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 20% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 20% Civil Rights
- 20% Criminal Defense
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2005, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.forbeslawwv.com/attorneys/jesse-forbes/
- Guardian Ad Litem
- HospiceCare Golf Outing & Dance Party Steering Committee
- West Virginia Mental Health Association Board
- United States Supreme Court Historical Society
- Kanawha County Community Corrections Board, Member
- Public Justice Foundation, Member
- Kanawha County Deputy Sheriff's Civil Service Commission, Commissioner
- West Virginia Medical Cannabis, Advisory Board
- Kanawha County Mental Hygiene, Commissioner
- Charleston Municipal Planning Commission, Commissioner
- West Virginia State Bar Elder Law Committee, Chair
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Board Member
- American Association for Justice, Criminal Law Section, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- West Virginia State Bar Criminal Law Committee
- West Virginia University, B.S.
- 2014 40 under 40 recipient of The National Trial Lawyers, 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Awarded the 2015 Generation Next 40 Under 40 Award by the West Virginia State Journal, Generation Next- 40 Under 40, WV State Journal, 2015
Office location for W. Jesse Forbes
1118 Kanawha Blvd. E
Charleston, WV 25301
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023