Gregory A. Gellner
Top rated personal injury attorney in Wheeling, West VirginiaGellner Law Offices
The owner of his own firm in Wheeling, West Virginia, Gregory A. Gellner focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. Providing representation to clients throughout the state who have suffered losses due to the negligence of other persons or entities, his cases have been grounded on hospital negligence, pharmaceutical errors and other forms of medical malpractice, mining accidents, defective products, motor vehicle collisions, premises liability, and other similar types of causes of action. Mr. Gellner has obtained numerous sizable settlements and jury awards, including a $35 million settlement involving an intentional disregard of workplace safety and a verdict in excess of $2 million in a health care privacy case. Other notable settlements have included one for $3 million in a case involving a motor vehicle accident.
Mr. Gellner received a Bachelor of Science in business administration from West Liberty University in 1984. He then pursued his legal education at the West Virginia University College of Law and was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1987. After graduation, Mr. Gellner was an associate at a prominent Wheeling law firm before starting his own practice in 1991. Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Ohio, Mr. Gellner is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of West Virginia. He has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
A member of the board of governors of the West Virginia Association for Justice, Mr. Gellner is active in several other legal organizations as well. His memberships include the Ohio County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. In his community, Mr. Gellner has served on the board of directors of a Wheeling youth hockey organization.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Personal injury - plaintiff, Wrongful death, Personal injury - defense
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - medical malpractice: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1987, West Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.gellnerlaw.com/About-Gellner-Law-Offices/Gregory...
- Super Lawyers for the state of West Virginia, 2008–2017.
- The West Virginia Bar Association, Member
- Marshall County Bar Association, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- The Ohio County Bar Association (Past President), Member
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Matheny v. Fairmont General Hospital, Inc., 575 S.E. 2d 350 (W.Va. 2002).
- Roberts v. Consolidation Coal Co., 539 S.E. 2d 478 (W.Va. 2000)
- State of West Virginia EX Rel. Johnson & Johnson Corporation, V The Honourable Mark A. Karl, Judge, Daniel W. Wilson, M.D., And Estate Of Nancy J. Gellner, By Gregory A. Gellner, Executor, 747 S.E. 2d 899 (W.Va. 2007)
- 1980 Graduate of John Marshall High School, 1984 Graduate of West Liberty State College, B.S. in Business Administration, 1987 Graduate of WVU College of Law.
- Board of Directors- Wheeling Amateur Hockey AssociationPresident-John Marshall High School Hockey AssociationMember-West Virginia Motorsports Council
- American Assocition For Justice
- Marshall County Bar Association
- Ohio Association For Justice
- Ohio County Bar Association-past President
- West Virginia Association For Justice-Board Of Governors
Office location for Gregory A. Gellner
1440 National Road
Wheeling, WV 26003
- Super Lawyers: 2008 - 2023