Jacob R. Reis
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Appleton, WI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2006 - 2012
Jake is a partner at the firm and practices out of the Appleton Office. He also handles cases out of the Green Bay Office. Jake has successfully tried personal injury cases in Outagamie, Brown and Winnebago Counties.
Jake has been named one of the top personal injury attorneys in the State of Wisconsin by Milwaukee Magazine since 2006. He was named “Top 50 Attorneys in Wisconsin” in 2014 by Milwaukee Magazine’s Super Lawyer Publication.
Jake is a Past-President of the Brown County Bar Association, the past president of the Marquette University Law School Alumni Board and is also Past-President of the Outagamie County Bar Association.
Jake graduated in the top 10% of his class from Marquette Law School where he received CALI Awards for his academic excellence in The Civil Process, Trial Skills and Strategies, and Advanced Legal Research. He graduated magna cum laude from St. Norbert College with a Bachelor of Arts Degree and worked as a social studies teacher for the Oconto Falls School District prior to attending law school. Jake is a former high school football coach for Notre Dame Academy in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
Jake became a personal injury attorney because his grandfather, Melvin Martin, was killed in an automobile accident when he was a young child, and the insurance company treated his grandmother poorly and ultimately took advantage of her. After what his grandmother went through, he wanted to help others avoid that misfortune.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2013 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2006 - 2012
About Jacob R. Reis
First Admitted: 2003, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.habush.com/attorneys/jacob-r-reis/
- Avvo Top 10 Rating
- Top 50 Wisconsin Super Lawyers, Milwaukee Magazine’s Super Lawyer Publication, 2014
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers, 2013-2021, Wisconsin Super Lawyer, Super Lawyers®
- CALI, Excellence for the Future Award: Trial Skills and Strategies, Advanced Legal Research: Wisconsin Law, and The Civil Process.
- Wisconsin Rising Star, 2006-2012
- 2010 Up and Coming Lawyer – Wisconsin Law Journal
- Named one of the top young personal injury attorneys by Milwaukee Magazine 2006-2012
- Robert J. Parins Legal Society of Northeast WI
- Past-President of the Outagamie County Bar Association
- Robert J. Parins Inn of Courts
- President of the Marquette University Law School Alumni Board, 2019
- President of Brown County Bar Association, 2018
- Vice President - Brown County Bar Association, 2017
- Secretary of Outagamie County Bar Association, 2009
- Wisconsin Association and American Association for Justice
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Co-Chair of the Fox Valley Young Lawyers Association, 2008
- President of the Outagamie County Bar Association, 2011
- Brown County Bar and American Bar Association
- Co-Chair of the Fox Valley Young Lawyers Association, 2007
- Vice-President of the Outagamie County Bar Association, 2010
- What is the most rewarding part of being a lawyer?
- , Attorney Spotlight: Jacob R. Reis, Legal, 2018
- What should I know about insurance companies?
- What is the most challenging part of being a lawyer?
- What is the most interesting case you have handled?
- What made you decide to practice personal injury law?
- Why should I choose Habush Habush & Rottier?
- St, Norbert College, graduated magna cum laude with BA degree, 1998
- Closing Argument, Wisconsin Trial Practice, 2007
- $554,089.58 Verdict in Brown County, Case 05 CV 2373, soft tissue low back injury in auto accident with a pretrial offer of $35,000.00, 2007
- $272,755.15 verdict for a young lady in Brown County that had a knee injury following a MVA, 2021
- $230,581.38 verdict in Outagamie County, for a client that had ongoing headaches and neck pain from a MVA , 2018
- $277,350.00 Verdict in Outagamie County, Case 05-CV 781, Auto Case in which Defendant Insurer was claiming that injuries sustained by the Plaintiff were not related to an Auto Accident, 2006
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Named Up and Coming Lawyer by the Wisconsin Law Journal, 2010
- $230,581 Verdict in Outagamie County, Case 06-CV 142, soft tissue neck and headache pain from an automobile accident, 2018
- American Association For Justice
- Wisconsin Association For Justice
- #4thofjuly #independenceday #besafe https://t.co/4kDWbcKHL9
- Happy Father’s Day on this the longest day of the year! https://t.co/tFrU1HidWN
- June is #NationalSafetyMonth ! Identifying risks around the home or improving safety standards at home and in your… https://t.co/dKxGsQ4r0k
- Very grateful to those that take time out to let us know how much we helped. #review #habush #grateful https://t.co/HnkdgK5IyU
- Attorney Craig Christensen is celebrating 33 years at Habush Habush & Rottier today! We are so grateful for Craig's… https://t.co/PCUcRTCXoV
Last Updated: 6/13/2022