Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Brookfield, WisconsinGroth Law Firm, S.C.
Attorney Jonathan P. Groth is the founder and owner of the Groth Law Firm, S.C., which has three office locations throughout Wisconsin. Serving clients across the state, Mr. Groth devotes his time and resources to helping innocent accident victims and their families find the justice they seek after suffering an injury or loss caused by another party's negligence or wrongdoing. For these reasons and more, his firm has been voted Best Personal Injury Law Firm in Milwaukee by the Shepherd Express magazine in 2020.
Handling all types of personal injury and wrongful death claims, Mr. Groth advocates strongly on behalf of those adversely affected by automobile and motorcycle accidents, trucking accidents, defective products, dangerous property conditions, animal attacks, nursing home abuse, and bicycle and pedestrian accidents. Throughout the course of his career, he has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of those he serves, earning his membership to both the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
A 1996 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, Mr. Groth obtained his Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School in 2000. The State Bar of Wisconsin admitted him to practice that same year, and Mr. Groth has won numerous awards throughout his career for his impeccable professionalism and exceptional customer service.
The National Trial Lawyers named him to its list of Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Wisconsin and to its list of Top 40 Under 40 for several years, and Law & Politics magazine named him as a Rising Star in 2008, 2009 and 2010. M Magazine included him on its list of Leading Lawyers in 2013 and ranked him among the top personal injury attorneys in Milwaukee in 2012. He also holds a Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished* rating.
As a member of the American Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the American Association for Justice, Mr. Groth is very active in his profession, and he routinely conducts continuing education lectures for other attorneys throughout the state. He also served as adjunct professor for Cardinal Stritch University, and he volunteers for various local organizations in his community.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Professional Liability: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Legal Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Professional Malpractice - Other, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 90% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10% Professional Liability: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2000, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.grothlawfirm.com/about-groth-law/attorney-jonath...
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Wisconsin Bar Association, Solo and Small Firm Practice Committee, 2008
- Member, American Association of Justice
- University of Wisconsin Green Bay, Cum Laude, with Distinction, 1996
- BV Rating, Martindale Hubbell, 2008
- Named a Rising Star
- One of the Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers - Wisconsin, The National Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
- Named a SuperLawyer
- Top Wisconsin personal injury attorneys with a 10/10 rating, Avvo.com, 2010
- Life Member, Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Columnist, Tort Report - Wisconsin Law Journal, Wisconsin Law Journal, 2011
- Our client was visiting Wisconsin to watch the Packers play the Jets. On his way back to the airport to fly back home he stopped at his host’s brother’s business. They bragged about the new bar in the barn and told him to go take a look. Client walked to the barn then up some outside stairs looked in the window then went to walk down the stairs. As he began to walk down the stairs they collapsed and he fell 10 feet onto his right foot. He didn’t know it then but he had 7+ fractures across multiple bones and joints in his right foot. Our medical expert was a DPM from our client's hometown. He concluded that the client would need future care and 2 fusion surgeries. Our legal nurse consultant drafted a “conservative” life care plan in 2015 (revised in 2017) that concluded future meds (and future lawn care) would be many hundreds of thousands. Our client chose not to take as many pain meds as prescribed and never went to pain management (even though our DPM and LNC recommended it in 2015). He instead used medical marijuana which is legal in his state. His foot has deteriorated and he recently was given an AFO device – a splint-like device that is the last option before fusion surgery. Jury came back with: Past Pain and Suffering: 30k Future Meds: 340k Future PPS: 75k Future loss of earnings: 50k Loss of Consortium: 5k, 2018
Office location for Jonathan Groth
13105 West Bluemound Road
Brookfield, WI 53005
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2012