Peter E. Grosskopf
Top rated Elder Law attorney in Eau Claire, WisconsinGrosskopf Law Office, LLC
Practice Areas: Elder Law, Estate Planning & Probate, Real Estate; view more
Licensed in Wisconsin since: 1979
Education: University of Wisconsin Law School
Languages Spoken: English, French
Grosskopf Law Office, LLC1324 West Clairemont
Eau Claire, WI 54701 Visit website
As founder of Grosskopf Law Office, LLC, Peter E. Grosskopf is dedicated to representing clients in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, as well as in Dunn, Eau Claire, Chippewa, Pepin, Buffalo and Trempealeau counties. He focuses his practice on handling elder law cases that involve special needs and supplemental needs trusts, long-term care, advance directives, powers of attorney, guardianships, spousal protection, asset protection, Medicaid planning and fair hearing appeals.
In 1979, Mr. Grosskopf earned a Juris Doctor from the University of Wisconsin Law School.
End-of-life matters require significant planning, and should be handled in a thorough and efficient manner. With more than 30 years of experience, Mr. Grosskopf has built a career around helping people determine their health directives and wealth distribution. He understands the sensitive nature of the many issues surrounding estate planning, and is passionate about helping people to address them in the most beneficial and effective way possible.
Taking a detailed approach, Mr. Grosskopf works closely with each client to understand his or her goals. He then outlines a number of options that would achieve those goals, explaining the advantages and considerations for each. As a consultant with several financial planning organizations, Mr. Grosskopf is keenly aware of items such as tax implications and cost-saving measures associated with certain estate planning tools.
For his commitment to his clients, Mr. Grosskopf has been selected for inclusion in the list of The Best Lawyers in America.
A frequent lecturer, Mr. Grosskopf is active in the legal community as a member of the Special Needs Alliance, WisPACT, the State Bar of Wisconsin and the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Inc.
When he is not working with clients, Mr. Grosskopf is involved with the Eau Claire Noon Kiwanis and serves on the board of the Boy Scouts of America Chippewa Valley Council.
Practice areasElder Law, Estate Planning & Probate, Real Estate: Consumer
Estate Planning, Guardianships & Conservatorships, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 50% Elder Law
- 40% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 1979, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.eclawyers.com/peter-grosskopf.html
- Boy Scouts of America, Legal Counsel
- Legal Counsel and Board Member for the Chippewa Valley Council
- Co-Founder of the Free Legal Clinic for Eau Claire
- Past President for the Eau Claire Noon Kiwanis
- Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America
- WisPACT, Inc., Board Member and Past Chair
- Wisconsin Bar
- Paralegal Adv. Board, Chippewa Valley Technical College
- Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Past Chair
- Eau Claire Chamber of Commerce
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- UCP Foundation
- Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Advisor of the Board of Directors
- Special Needs Alliance, Member
- Wisconsin Pooled & Community Trusts
- Wisconsin Chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member
- Elder Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Member
- Speaker at State Bar CLE
Office location for Peter E. Grosskopf
1324 West Clairemont
Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Super Lawyers: 2006, 2009 - 2012, 2015 - 2022