Lisle W. Blackbourn
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Elkhorn, WI
As the president and managing partner of Godfrey, Leibsle, Blackbourn & Howarth, SC, Lisle W. Blackbourn has assisted individuals and companies in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, and the surrounding counties with a range of general civil litigation matters. He represents plaintiffs who have been injured by the negligence of others, such as professional malpractice, and he also handles complex business disputes and claims involving land use and zoning.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in 1978 from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Mr. Blackbourn studied law at Marquette University Law School and received his Juris Doctor in 1982. While in law school, he was a member of the Marquette Law Review. Admitted to practice in Wisconsin since 1982, Mr. Blackbourn is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio. He is certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy, one of only approximately 2,200 attorneys who have attained that achievement.
Mr. Blackbourn has received an AV Preeminent* peer-review rating through Martindale-Hubbell, a recognition of his successful track record and high degree of ethics. He is a fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, and he is an active participant in several other legal organizations. His memberships include the Walworth County Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. Mr. Blackbourn has also served on the board of directors of the Elkhorn Area High School Foundation.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 40%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 40%Business Litigation
- 20%General Litigation
Animal Bites, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Non-Compete Agreements, Litigation
- Super Lawyers: 2010 - 2021
Certificates and Credentials
About Lisle W. Blackbourn
First Admitted: 1982, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.godfreylaw.com/Attorneys/Lisle-W-Blackbourn.shtml
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board of Directors, Lakeland Medical Center Foundation, 1993 - 2000
- Board of Directors, Elkhorn Area High School Scholarship Foundation, 2000 - 2006
- Member, Geneva Lakes Family YMCA
- Board of Directors, Geneva Lakes Family YMCA
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a National Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer by the Wisconsin Super Lawyers magazine, 2010 - Present
- "AV"® Rating from the Prestigious Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings
- Pentair Water Group Inc.
- Mann Bros. Inc.
- East Shore Estates Property Owners Association
- Sta-Rite Industries LLC
- Citizens First National Bank
- Mirbeau of Lake Geneva LLC
- Interlam Inc.
- Marina Bay Boat Company Inc.
- Everbank Commercial Finance Inc.
- Elkhorn Area School Dist. v. East Troy Community School Dist., 377 N.W.2d 627 (Wis.App. 1985)
- Gavers v. Federal Life Ins. Co., 345 N.W.2d 900 (Wis.App. 1984)
- Wisconsin, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- Member, Wisconsin Association for Justice (Formerly Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers)
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Sports Law Committee
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- President, Walworth County Bar Association, 1995 - 1996
- Member, State Bar of Wisconsin, Bridge the Gap Committee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Member, Walworth County Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Justice
- Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, National Board of Trial Advocacy
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, B.A. in Political Science, 1978
- Who is responsible for a pile-up? https://t.co/jsu9ucZYZk
- Drivers with cut-rate insurance could leave you with big crash bills https://t.co/5MimRuXpjC
- Help your teenagers stay safe on the road https://t.co/5btbAtCSrC
- What does recovery from a traumatic brain injury look like? https://t.co/383uU5cDV7
- A look at snowmobile safety https://t.co/MFNdOKjSNt
Last Updated: 5/15/2022