Todd E. Schroeder
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in La Crosse, WI
Selected to Rising Stars: 2008 - 2014
Todd E. Schroeder is a partner of the law firm Belzer, Schroeder & Lough, located in La Crosse, Wisconsin. A successful criminal defense attorney, he defends those accused of operating a vehicle while impaired (OWI), drunk driving, drug crimes, sexual assault, homicide and all other misdemeanor and felony charges.
After receiving his J.D. from the University of Wisconsin School of Law, Mr. Schroeder operated as a solo criminal defense attorney until joining Michael Devanie and Keith Belzer in 2008. Due to his successes in the courtroom, his peers selected him for inclusion in the 2008 through 2013 editions of Wisconsin Rising Stars. He was also selected as Champion of the Month in the October 2004 newsletter from the state public defender's office.
Mr. Schroeder is an active member of his legal community. In addition to being a member of the Wisconsin State and La Crosse County Bar Associations, he is a former board member of the Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys and president of the La Crosse Area Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys.
- 50%Criminal Defense
- 50%Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
Assault & Battery, Drug & Alcohol Violations, False Accusations, Felony, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Criminal Domestic Violence, DUI/DWI
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2021
- Rising Stars: 2008 - 2014
About Todd E. Schroeder
First Admitted: 2004, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://www.lacrossecriminaldefense.com/LaCrosse-criminal-de...
- Board of Directors, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Founding Member, DUI Defense Lawyers Association, 2014
- President, La Crosse Area Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Former President, Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Wisconsin Bar Association
- Member, La Crosse County Bar Association
- Member, National College for DUI Defense
- "Champion of the Month" - October 2004 Newsletter of the Assigned Counsel Division of the State Public Defender's Office.
- Highest Achievement Award in Advanced Legal Writing - 2003 University of Wisconsin School of Law.
- "Rising Star in Criminal Defense" - 2008 Edition of Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars, also published in Milwaukee Magazine.
- The National Trial Lawyers Association: Top 40 Under 40 for 2012
- University of Wisconsin—Eau Claire, B.A.
- WI Public Defender Conference, Cross examining a State lab analyst in an OWI case , 2013
- WI State Public Defender--On Demand Training, Forensics Issues in OWI Cases, 2017
- La Crosse County Bar Association, Operating While Intoxicated--Primer and Case Law Update, 2019
- Eau Claire OWI Conference, Defending OWI Blood Test Cases , 2014
- La Crosse County Bar Association , Seven Years of Daubert, 2018
- WI State Public Defender Conference, Daubert Forensic Science Standard, 2018
- WI State Public Defender Conference, Cross Examining Arresting Officer in OWI Cases, 2014
- Annual Wisconsin State Public Defender Conference, Investigating Operating While Intoxicated Cases, 2014
Last Updated: 5/15/2022