Corey C. Chirafisi
Top rated criminal defense attorney in Madison, WisconsinChirafisi Law Office
An accomplished criminal defense attorney in Wisconsin, Corey C. Chirafisi devotes his legal career solely to defending individuals charged with criminal and drunk driving offenses. He handles cases involving Wisconsin state law as well as federal law, and has represented people on every type of criminal charge and all levels of drunk driving charges with rather impressive results in numerous difficult cases.
A former prosecutor, Mr. Chirafisi began his career as an assistant district attorney handling criminal matters ranging from disorderly conduct to homicide. He provides this experience to current clients whether they are charged with battery, computer sex crimes, drug offenses, drunk driving, disorderly conduct, felony possession, sexual assault or child pornography, to name a few. Mr. Chirafisi is licensed to practice law in the state of Wisconsin in any state court or throughout the nation in any federal court. He earned his law degree at The City University of New York School of Law and was admitted to practice law in Wisconsin in 1998. His practice, Chirafisi Law Office, S.C., is located in Madison, Wisconsin.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Sex offenses, Theft, Traffic violations, DUI/DWI
- 50% Criminal defense
- 50% Criminal defense: DUI/DWI
First Admitted: 1998, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.cvlawoffice.com/attorneys-1.html
- "Getting Back To Basics", Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, June 2006
- "Sexual Assault Defense- The Whole Case": Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, March 2007
- Jury Selection and Defense of Sexual Assault Cases, 2006
- Member, Instructor, Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- Wisconsin State Bar, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Member, Dane County Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Charges alleging client obstructed justice and impersonated a police officer were dismissed prior to trial.
- Evidence in Felony Drug & Concealed Weapons case suppressed. Charges dismissed.
- Vehicular Homicide charges reduced to Inattentive Driving traffic citation.
- A jury trial for client charged with 3rd Degree Sexual Assault results in acquittal (not guilty verdict).
- In a Jefferson County jury trial, OWI charge with a blood alcohol content level of .13 was amended to Inattentive Driving charge after Attorney Chirafisi won a motion to have test results thrown out.
- Felony Operating While Under Influence Fifth Offense (OWI-5th) reduced to OWI 1st Offense, a non-criminal offense.
- Trial of client charged with Felony Battery resulted in acquittal (not guilty verdict).
- All charges were dropped in a case charging Attorney Chirafisi's client with second degree sexual assault for lack of probably cause.
- Charges for OWI (Wisconsin's drunk driving charge) with PAC (Prohibited Alcohol Concentration) of .236 were amended to Absolute Sobriety.
- Securities Fraud case dismissed on a directed verdict.
- Trial of client charged with stalking resulted in acquittal (not guilty verdict).
- University of Wisconsin - La Crosse, LaCrosse, Wisconsin, B.S., 1994
Office location for Corey C. Chirafisi
411 W Main St
Madison, WI 53703
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2007 - 2008