Top Rated DUI-DWI Attorney in Madison, WI
Licensed to practice in Wisconsin and Illinois, attorney Nils Wyosnick represents those facing criminal allegations of all complexities on behalf of Murphy Desmond Lawyers S.C., with four different locations in Wisconsin. His focus areas include various types of felony and misdemeanor offenses, drunk driving (OWI/DUI) offenses, traffic offenses such as reckless driving, aggravated speeding, and driving with a suspended or revoked license, drug charges, juvenile matters, theft and burglary, and battery.
A professional and extremely knowledgeable attorney, Mr. Wyosnick is focused on specifics and highly perceptive when evaluating any case. While seeking to craft creative and thoughtful resolutions for his clients in all possible ways, he educates them on everything, including their realistic prospects within the judicial system. As a seasoned litigator with significant jury and bench trial experience in Wisconsin and Illinois, he has conducted countless evidentiary hearings.
With a B.S. in political science from Edgewood College, Mr. Wyosnick went on to attain his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Illinois Chicago School of Law. Beginning his career as an assistant state’s attorney at the Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office allowed him to gain in-depth trial experience while prosecuting in some of the busiest courtrooms in the nation. After entering private practice, he utilized this knowledge to defend people against serious charges.
Mr. Wyosnick is a part of the State Bar of Wisconsin, the Illinois State Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the National College for DUI Defense, the Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois) and the Dane County Bar Association. He has a 10.0 out of 10.0 rating on Avvo and Justia. A recipient of Avvo’s Clients’ Choice Award, he has been listed among the 10 Best Criminal Law Attorneys in Illinois by the American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys. He can be frequently found lecturing at the the State Bar of Wisconsin.
About Nils Wyosnick
First Admitted: 2011, Illinois
Professional Webpage: https://www.murphydesmond.com/nils-wyosnick
- "Basics of Collaterally Attacking Prior OWI Convictions", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
- "The Consequences of Traffic Violations for Illinois Drivers", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2019)Disclaimer
- "Representing Illinois Clients Charged with Wisconsin OWI", Wisconsin State Bar Association (May 2021)
Pro bono/Community Service
- Licensed 711 Law Clerk - Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office, 2009 - 2011
- 10.0 Rating – AVVO.com
- 10 Best Attorney Selection for Illinois Criminal Law - American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys
- Client’s Choice Award – AVVO.com
- Rising Star Award – Super Lawyers
- 10.0 Rating – Justia.com
- CALI Award for top grade in Payment Systems, 2010
- Super Lawyers, 2017
- Edgewood College, Madison, Wisconsin, B.S., Honors: Dean's List, Major: Political Science, 2006
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2017
- Northwest Suburban Bar Association (Illinois)
- National College of DUI Defense
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Dane County Criminal Defense Bar Association, 2019
- State Bar of Illinois, 2011
- Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2018
- Dane County Bar Association, 2017
Last Updated: 6/16/2022