Sara M. Vanden Brook
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Madison, WI
Helping clients in matters of family law, Sara M. Vanden Brook is an attorney with The Law Center, S.C., representing clients in Madison, Wisconsin, and the surrounding metropolitan region. She has worked as a guardian ad litem and a former caseworker with the Bureau of Milwaukee Child Welfare and takes on the following types of cases: school law, paternity, parent coordination, mediation, LGBT issues, juvenile delinquency, international family law, foster parents’ rights, grandparents’ rights, guardianships, guardian ad litem appointments, divorce, collaborative and cooperative divorce, child custody and support, child placement, assisted reproductive technology and adoption.
In 2003, Ms. Vanden Brook graduated with a Bachelor of Science in human development and family studies and psychology from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She then attended the University of Wisconsin Law School and graduated with her Juris Doctor in 2008. While studying to become an attorney, she was actively involved with the Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender & Society, the Children’s Justice Project and Law Students for Reproductive Justice.
Ms. Vanden Brook is actively involved in a long list of professional legal organizations. These include the following: the State Bar of Wisconsin Children & the Law Section, the Divorce Cooperation Institute, Madison Area Connectors, Capital Connections Networking Group, the Dane County Bar Association, the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, the Legal Association for Women and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
An active member of her community, Ms. Vanden Brook also volunteers with several organizations to help improve the lives of those around her. These include the Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society, the Family Law Assistance Center and the Dane County Bar Association Case Mediation Program.
- 100%Family Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Juvenile Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law, Father's Rights
- Rising Stars: 2017, 2019 - 2021
About Sara M. Vanden Brook
First Admitted: 2008, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.lawcenterwisconsin.com/our-attorneys/sara-vanden-...
- Graduated with distinction from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelors of Science in Human Development and Family Studies & Psychology, 2003
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star attorney., Wisconsin Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2017
- Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star attorney., Wisconsin Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Mediator with Dane County Bar Association Case Mediation Program, 2019
- Volunteer with the Family Law Assistance Center, 2019
- Wisconsin Pro Bono Honor Society, 2019
- Collaborative Family Law Attorney, 2019
- Board Member State Bar of Wisconsin Children and the Law Section, 2019
- Board Member of the Divorce Cooperation Institute, 2012
- Member of the State Bar of Wisconsin, 2008
- Member of Capital Connections Networking Group, 2019
- Member of Madison Area Connectors, 2019
- Member of Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, 2019
- Member of the Dane County Bar Association, 2019
- Member of the Legal Association for Women, 2019
- Member of the Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, 2019
- Assisted Reproduction
- Foster parent rights
- Grandparent Rights
- International Family Law
- LGBTQ issues
Last Updated: 5/15/2022