Shannon D. McDonald
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Menomonee Falls, WI
An accomplished litigation and transactional attorney, Shannon D. McDonald is a founder of McDonald & Kloth LLC. Located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, he divides his practice between employment law and business matters, representing individuals and companies throughout the state as well as in parts of the greater Chicago metropolitan area. Admitted to practice in both Wisconsin and Illinois, Mr. McDonald is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin, the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, the U.S. District for the Southern District of Michigan, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit.
In his employment law practice, Mr. McDonald has provided advice and counsel to current, past and prospective employees in various legal areas. A significant portion of his caseload has included claims of discrimination under federal and state laws including, but not limited to, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Wisconsin Fair Employment Law, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family and Medial Leave Act, Illinois Human Rights Act, Illinois Whistleblower Act, and many more. Mr. McDonald has represented numerous clients who have been the victims of sexual harassment, and his experience has included wrongful termination and other acts of prohibited retaliation as well.
Mr. McDonald's business experience is extensive, and involves counseling businesses from every stage of the process from entrepreneurs to decades-old companies. He is actively invovled in preparing employee handbooks and employment agreements and advises his clients on various regulatory compliance issues. Mr. McDonald also represents business clients in all sorts of legal disputes including, but not limited to, breach of contract, unjust enrichment, interference with business relations, interference with contract, negligence, breach of restrictive covenants and many other disputes. In addition to his courtroom experience, he has represented clients in arbitrations and has appeared before state, federal, and local agencies. Mr. McDonald is a 1998 recipient of a Bachelor of Science from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire and a 2002 recipient of a Juris Doctor from Marquette University Law School.
About Shannon D. McDonald
First Admitted: 2002
Professional Webpage: https://themklaw.com/business-lawyers/shannon-d-mcdonald/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Attorney McDonald serves as a Pro Bono Attorney with respect to Employment Law claims for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2009
- Attorney McDonald has been declared a Rising Star by his peers in the Super Lawyers Magazine in years 2008-2010
- University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, B.S., 1998
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Wisconsin
- Attorney McDonald has served on the Wisconsin State Bar's Committee for the Lawyer Referral and Information Service, 2006
Last Updated: 5/15/2022