Top rated Estate Planning & Probate attorney in Middleton, WisconsinBorakove | Osman LLC
An attorney at Borakove Osman LLC, Peter Osman focuses his practice on estate planning and administration as well as elder law issues. From the firm's offices in Madison, Wisconsin, he represents clients throughout the greater metropolitan area and other parts of the state. Mr. Osman has been admitted to practice before all Wisconsin state courts since 2009.
As part of his estate planning practice, Mr. Osman regularly prepares and reviews wills, a variety of revocable and irrevocable trusts, advance medical directives, and financial and health care powers of attorney. He works with his clients to develop charitable gifting programs, and for those who have loved ones with special needs, he develops strategies that do not jeopardize existing or prospective government benefits. Mr. Osman has also provided advice and counsel to trustees and executors during the estate administration process.
Mr. Osman's elder law practice has included planning for the costs of long-term care while helping to ensure that his clients' Medicaid eligibility remains intact. His work in this regard involves long-term care insurance, Medicaid spend-down planning and asset divestment. He has conducted workshops for businesses and professional advisers on topics related to his practice areas.
After studying at the University of Minnesota Twin Cities, Mr. Osman transferred to the University of Wisconsin-Madison and received a Bachelor of Arts in communications with honors in 2006. Remaining on campus, he pursued his legal education at the University of Wisconsin Law School and was a judicial law clerk at the Sauk County Circuit Court before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 2009. A member of the Real Property, Probate & Trust Law and Elder Law and Special Needs sections of the State Bar of Wisconsin, Mr. Osman has been with his current firm since 2011.
Practice areasEstate Planning & Probate, Business/Corporate, Elder Law, Real Estate: Consumer
Business Formation and Planning, Business Organizations, Contracts, Estate Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Living Wills, Power of Attorney, Probate & Estate Administration, Trusts, Wills
- 70% Estate Planning & Probate
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Elder Law
- 10% Real Estate: Consumer
First Admitted: 2009, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: https://borakoveosman.com/our-team/peter-osman-esq/
- President, St. Stephen’s Foundation
- Member, Elder Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Member, Wisconsin Council of Estate Planning Attorneys
- Member, Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section, State Bar of Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin Law School - J.D. , 2009
- University of Wisconsin – Madison, B.A. with Honors, 2005
- University of Minnesota – Twin Cities
- 40 Under 40 Award, 2014. Every year, In Business magazine’s editorial department selects 40 business professionals or nonprofit leaders under the age of 40 on which to bestow this honor. The award recognizes the top 40 individuals based on demonstrated success in their industry, an active role and commitment to furthering their industry, and volunteer or board membership which enhances the Greater Madison community., 2014
Office location for Peter Osman
9701 Brader Way
Middleton, WI 53562
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022