Craig H. Zetley
Top Rated Tax Attorney in Milwaukee, WI
- Free Consultation
Craig H. Zetley is the founder of Zetley Law Offices, S.C., located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. An accomplished tax attorney, he provides representation to individuals and companies throughout the area that are engaged in civil tax controversies and disputes with the Internal Revenue Service or the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Mr. Zetley also provides tax planning advice as well as defense representation in criminal tax proceedings.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Zetley attended Washington University in St. Louis and received a Bachelor of Science in business administration with honors in 1979. He became a certified public accountant in Wisconsin in 1982 and then went on to attend the University of Wisconsin Law School. Mr. Zetley was awarded his Juris Doctor in 1985, and he subsequently became admitted to practice in Wisconsin as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin and the United States Tax Court. He has been with his current firm since 1989.
During his career, Mr. Zetley has saved substantial amounts of money for his clients through his diligent and zealous advocacy as well as his background in public accounting. His fellow professionals have taken note, as evidenced by his being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America each year since 2015. Mr. Zetley has also received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell. He is a member of several professional organizations, including the Wisconsin and American bar associations, the American Association for Justice and the Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Active in his community as well, Mr. Zetley is a former president of the Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Craig H. Zetley
First Admitted: 1985, Wisconsin
Professional Webpage: http://www.zetleylaw.com/attorneyprofiles/craig-h-zetley/
- Washington University, B.S.B.A., Accounting with honors, 1979
Pro bono/Community Service
- Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals, President, 1998–2008
- Milwaukee City Service Commission, Member, 1988–1997
- Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals, Member, 1997
- Milwaukee City Service Commission, President, 1992–1997
- National Jewish Law Student Network, Co-Chair, 1984
- Milwaukee Board of Zoning Appeals, Chairman, three-year term
- Co-Author: "IRS Tracks Down Non-Filing Lawyers," Wisconsin Lawyer, April 1994
- Managing Editor, National Jewish Law Review, 1984–1985
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 1985
- Milwaukee Bar Association
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Fellow
- Wisconsin Bar, 1985
- U.S. Tax Court, 1987
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1985
- Wisconsin Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Rated by fellow lawyers "as the number one attorney to see when clients are in trouble with the IRS"
- Best Lawyers in America, 2009–2015
- AV® Preeminent™Peer Review RatingsSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- "Lawyer of the Year - 2013" for Milwaukee Litigation and Controversy - Tax, Best Lawyers in America
- Super Lawyers, 2005–2021, Super Lawyers, 2018
- Certified Public Accountant, Wisconsin, 1982, 1982
Last Updated: 6/9/2022